"California ..." California by Docu2001

California Travel Guide: 46,377 reviews and 111,112 photos

I lived in Los Angeles for a time in the early 90's ... I came to it from New York City and have since returned to New York. I found California to be all that the stories and music and films promised it to be ... there was sun and ocean and long cool nights with tall girls more beautiful than I had ever dreamed ...

• Last visit to California: Jun 2003
  • Intro Written Jun 3, 2003

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2005 at 11:51 AM

You have painted a vivid personal picture with this page. Good reading.

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2005 at 3:36 PM

Helicopters, riots, earthquakes and breakdowns? All while you were in California? Sounds like a typical day in our lives...

• MissyWQ's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2004 at 7:56 AM

Come back to warm, beautiful California.

• butterfly_girl's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2004 at 6:20 AM

I lived in LA a couple years too...weird, wild place! I like your Venice Beach description....thanks for sharing your story.

• jadedmuse's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2004 at 7:57 PM

Most people comment on your Venice, I hang on your burning thru-the-2-relationships-that- mattered-most-in-your-life... Weaving in local flavor while imbuing personal traces of yourself is what sets your tips apart from the rest of VT. Contented sigh.

• craic's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2004 at 6:00 AM

First time I have felt intrigued by Venice Beach.

• KristaB's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2004 at 12:37 AM

Mouthwatering story. I stormed through LA in a flock, my first and last agency tour. I would love to see and feel it all one more time.

• Nov 8, 2003 at 3:23 AM

Venice indeed.... I lived right there on similar personal circumstances to yours... with similar experienced feelings.

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2003 at 12:00 PM

Excellent write-up Doc! It's been awhile since I've seen the shores of Carmel. Sounds like you found a little romantic nook in that area worth exploring! ;-) I'll have to look for Casanova next time (the restaurant not the legend) ........

• Jul 5, 2003 at 4:44 PM

now i did read - and i liked it! :-))

Docu2001

“Listen ...”

Badges & Stats in California

Have you been to California?

Latest Activity in California