"ALONG THE GREAT SILK ROAD" Ozero Issyk-Kul' by kyrgyz
Ozero Issyk-Kul' Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 45 photos
A pearl of Central Asia (“Warm Lake” in Kyrgyz) does not freeze in winter and white swans spend winter there, its a Swan lake. From the majestic world of Tien-Shan peaks, virtually unexplored, one of the best developed mountain routes in Kyrgyzstan leads through the Karakol valley to the pristine Issyk-Kul lake, 668 m deep, situated 1,609 m above the sea level. With its hot water springs for health and recreation, Issyk-Kul is a huge sweet water lake ranks second among the world's largest mountain lakes, after South America's Titikaka, and is the largest water reservoir in Central Asia to have no outlets, with a volume of 1,738 cubic kilometers. At its widest point it is 60 km wide, and its length is about 180 km. The length of the shore line of Issyk- Kul is 688 km.
- Pros:Water of the lake has medical properties
It is a wonderful lake 3020m asl where you can lie on the beach or go trekking to the nearest but very high mountain... more travel advice
Written Nov 1, 2002
Written Nov 3, 2002
Second big mountain lake after Titikaka
kyrgyz's Related Pages
Ozero Issyk-Kul' Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ALONG THE GREAT SILK ROAD"
- "Probably the best known lake in the country..."
- "the blue water - the blue dream"
- "LAKE ISSYK-KUL"
- "Lake Issyk Kul is surrounded by rugged terrain"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ozero Issyk-Kul'
- Hotels in Ozero Issyk-Kul'
- Transportation in Ozero Issyk-Kul'
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ozero Issyk-Kul'
- 4 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Ozero Issyk-Kul'?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ozero Issyk-Kul'
Top 5 Pages
- Naryn Intro, 8 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gorod Bishkek Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ozero Issyk-Kul' Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kyrgyzstan Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Osh Intro, 1 photo