"Toronto - Industrial Hygiene Convention - 1999" Toronto by grandmaR
Toronto Travel Guide: 4,305 reviews and 8,875 photos
I went to Toronto in June 1999 to attend a convention. We flew in on Sunday June 6, 1999 and left on Friday June 11, 1999. After hours, I toured Toronto.
Sunday night (June 6 - the day after our 40th wedding anniversary) I had dinner alone at Ruth's Cris Steak House - it was very expensive.
Monday afternoon I went shopping at Eaton Center for presents for two of my grandchildren who were having birthdays at the end of the month. I bought a lot of presents at the Disney store (even though I usually buy only souveniers made in the place I'm visiting and generally think Disney stuff is overpriced) and ate dinner there.
Tuesday afternoon, I walked along the waterfront. I had wanted to sail on the CHALLENGE because we had just bought our boat and I thought seeing them handle the sails would be interesting, but it was too early in the year. They were still only taking school trips during the week. But I did take a narrated boat tour of the lake where I got a marvelous view of the lakefront skyline.
See the Harbour tour travelogue for views from the lake.
I ate dinner at Queen's Quay and also bought presents for the rest of the family at the Canadian Naturalist (a much better place to get souveniers that are representative of Canada).
Wednesday evening (June 9, 1999), I went up the CN tower and had dinner at the 360 Restaurant which ROTATES (not revolves) 360 degrees around the center like the earth rotates on its axis. (I am told the actual name of the tower is NOT CNN but CN.)
Looking down through the floor (top picture) you can see the tour buses down below.
See the two travelogues of views from the CN tower.
I also have a travelogue just of views of the CN tower from various places in Toronto.
Thursday evening I ate dinner at the hotel and packed to go home on Friday June 11th where I got ready to leave again for a class in Salt Lake City Utah.
- Pros:Lively city
- Cons:Cold in the winter
- In a nutshell:Lakeside living
Apparently there are commuter trains and regular trains that come into Union Station, in addition to buses, metro and... more travel advice
One way to get "around" Toronto is by tour boat. I didn't get to go on this one, so I just took photos. This collage... more travel advice
- See All DOORS OPEN TORONTO
- See All Big Ben in Toronto?
- See All Ice Hockey
- See All The Wind In Your Hair
grandmaR's Related Pages
Toronto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Toronto - "Yours to Discover""
- "Close To Home"
- "Andre Rieu's Magic Hits Toronto"
- "TORONTO Canada"
- "Paul2001's Big T.O. Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Toronto
- Hotels in Toronto
- Transportation in Toronto
- Nightlife in Toronto
- Restaurants in Toronto
- Shopping in Toronto
- Warnings and Dangers in Toronto
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Toronto
- 44 Reviews
- 119 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (181)
Have you been to Toronto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Toronto
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 728 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 154 reviews, 560 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 75 reviews, 341 photos, 11 travelogues
- London Intro, 77 reviews, 301 photos, 6 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 51 reviews, 293 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 48 reviews, 264 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 56 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues