"West of the Maryland Panhandle" Top 5 Page for this destination Morgantown by grandmaR

Morgantown Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 87 photos

May 27-28, 2004 Overnight

We got off at exit 7 of I-68 (we could see the Bob Evan's restaurant in the shopping center from the road) and got fuel in the car at BFS foods (9.35 gals of diesel at $1.86/gal). We checked into the Super 8 about 1530 (3:30 pm) after a total trip of 275 miles. Total room cost $68.75 including tax.

We were both too tired to actually go sightseeing like I had intended to do and the weather was sort of overcast. So we walked across the road (a feat in itself - walking was not a mode of transportation that the planners of this place had envisioned) to Outback Steakhouse for dinner ($42.15) instead of going downtown and walking along the river.

I realized that I had no maps for West Virginia or Ohio, and no really current information on Pennsylvania, but I thought that by the time I found it, the AAA would be closed on Thursday evening.

So Friday morning, after our free breakfast at the hotel, we checked out at 0842 and got back on the interstate. We found the AAA office at 0900, but it was closed until 1000, and we didn't want to wait.

We picked up I-70, and, after an abortive attempt to contact the AAA office in Washington PA, we crossed the Ohio River and by 1034 were driving up the river on Ohio State Route 7. I called and got directions to the AAA office East Liverpool Ohio.

• Last visit to Morgantown: May 2004
  • Intro Updated Jul 17, 2004

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2005 at 8:32 PM

Another good page on wonderful West Virginia. I have a good friend who graduated from the University of WBGV in Morgantown.

grandmaR

“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”

Badges & Stats in Morgantown

Have you been to Morgantown?

Latest Activity in Morgantown