Smithfield Hotel Tips by grandmaR
Smithfield Hotels: 284 reviews and 2 photos
Mansion on Main
I took this picture from the car and it had a lot of poles and wires in it. So I've edited out everything in the sky, but the posts still go across the house.
The house was built on the site of an earlier house about 1889 for Richard S. Thomas, a prominent Smithfield lawyer and historian. It was the dream house of a newlywed couple who were descendants of early local families. The lady of the house, Francis Boykin Jordan, was connected to Smithfield's own Windsor Castle on her mother's side. Windsor Castle was built by Smithfield's founding father.
Richard Thomas was an outspoken attorney. Among other published historical articles, he wrote about activities at the local site that his brother owned, Four Square Plantation..
Unique Qualities: Bed & Breakfast guest savor generous portions of Southern hospitality and Southern style full buffet breakfasts. Breakfast buffets include sweet bread/muffins, fruit, meat, eggs, juice, and coffee or tea.
Bed & Breakfast rates for single or double occupancy:
Master Suite: $110 plus tax
Tower Suite: $110 plus tax
Eastlake Room: $100 plus tax
Adjoining Room (shared bath): $75 plus tax
~ $15 each additional person
Breakfast is usually served between 8:00 – 9:00.
We accommodate specific time requests according to the number of guests and their schedules. A limited breakfast may be served prior to 7:00 upon request.
Address: 36 Main Street
Comparison: about average
Directions: at the top of Wharf Hill
Theme: Bed and Breakfast
Lighthouse part of the hotel
This is a hotel and marina on the Pagan River -vthe hotel has a reproduction of the Hooper Strait Light from St. Michaels which you can spend the night in.
According to their website:
"There are two spectacular and luxurious suites in the lighthouse. One upstairs and one downstairs. The upstairs suite is the "honeymoon" style suite and is done in a romantic nautical style, the downstairs suite is the "executive" suite and decorated in Chesapeake Bay Nautical"
I heard the reservation lady on the phone say that the lighthouse suite is $229/night at this time of year.
Unique Qualities: For the regular Inn, the rates are:
# Rate Schedule:
Streetside - 2nd floor only One double bed - $79.00/night
# Two double beds - $79.00/night
Waterfront - 2nd floor, w/ walk-out balcony
# Two double beds - $125.00/night
# One king - $125.00/night
Waterfront - 3rd floor
# One king bed - $99.00/night
# Two double beds - $99.00/night
Address: 415 South Church Street - P.O. Box 486 -
Comparison: more expensive than average
More Reviews (18)
grandmaR's Related Pages
Smithfield Travel Guide
Explore the World
- La Copa Inn Resort
- Pelican Cove Resort
- Tasiana Hotel Apartment Complex
- White Mountain Hotel and Resort
- Anthoussa Beach Hotel
- La Playa Beach & Golf Resort
- Sea Point Youth Hostel
- Hotel St. Clair
- Shell Island Resort
- Ramada Plaza Nags Head Beach
- Grand Hotel Moon Valley Sorrento
- Crystal Hotel (24 Rue St Benoit )
- L'Auberge du Lac Casino Resort
- Drydock Motel
Badges & Stats in Smithfield
- 20 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (184)
Have you been to Smithfield?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Smithfield
Photos in SmithfieldSee All Photos (35)
Read real reviews about Smithfield Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 724 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 154 reviews, 560 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 75 reviews, 329 photos, 10 travelogues
- London Intro, 77 reviews, 301 photos, 6 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 51 reviews, 293 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 48 reviews, 264 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 56 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues