Gwynn Island Off The Beaten Path Tips by grandmaR
Gwynn Island Off The Beaten Path: 1 reviews and 1 photos
Sunrise over Gwynn's Island
Our Chesapeake Bay guide says that Gwynn's Island has a small museum in a former high school on the island's main road, Route 663 about a mile from the bridge. It has Indian and early English artifacts and stuff the watermen have dredged up like a whale vertebrae.
b1bob (Nate Atkins) has a writeup on this museum with a picture under his
Mathews VA Must See tips
(along with a picture of New Point Comfort lighthouse).
I can find only one web address for this museum. It is free and relies on donations.
The site says "ALL roads lead to the Museum. Take Rte. 223 at Donk's Theater in Hudgins,VA. Cross over the Gwynn's Island Bridge at Cricket Hill. You are now on Rte 633. Follow the road through the Gwynn's Island Cemetery, look for the RUDDER & the MUSEUM SIGN on your left and you're here.
Hours: 1 - 5pm, Fri., Sat. & Sun. May through Oct."
Other Contact: E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
More Reviews (4)
grandmaR's Related Pages
Gwynn Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Between the Piankatank and the Hole in the Wall"
- "GWYNN ISLAND NEAR THE CHESAPEAKE BAY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gwynn Island
- Hotels in Gwynn Island
- Restaurants in Gwynn Island
- See All...
Explore the World
- Szazhalombatta Hotels
- Bistritsa Hotels
- Tingambato Hotels
- Sjeverni Velebit National Park Hotels
- Big Sur Off The Beaten Path
- Bilbao Off The Beaten Path
- Wieliczka Off The Beaten Path
- Parkersburg Off The Beaten Path
- Arad Off The Beaten Path
- Hastings Off The Beaten Path
- Iloilo City Off The Beaten Path
- Whitecourt Off The Beaten Path
- Parque Tayrona Off The Beaten Path
- Stresa Off The Beaten Path
- Jungle Tour
- Bolton Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Gwynn Island
- 5 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (179)
Have you been to Gwynn Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gwynn Island
Photos in Gwynn IslandSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 724 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 154 reviews, 560 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 74 reviews, 316 photos, 9 travelogues
- London Intro, 77 reviews, 301 photos, 6 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 50 reviews, 280 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 56 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 46 reviews, 254 photos, 8 travelogues