"Deltaville is for Boaters" Deltaville by grandmaR
Deltaville Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 49 photos
Deltaville is a narrow pennisula between two rivers in Virginia which can be accessed by water from two sides.
The first trip we came up the Rappahannock and went into Dozier's marina in Broad Creek. This is about 3/4ths of a mile inside Stingray Point, and the entrance is narrow and can be shoal - we came close to touching a couple of times. Even when we called the marina for directions first it was confusing.
The people at Dozier's Marina were quite welcoming and helpful (and even let me access the photoworks website to see the newly developed pictures of our boat on their own computer), but getting to the pump out dock, we were as good as aground, and the rudder wouldn't move because it was stuck in the mud.
Instead of sending us to their other marina across the way to tie up as they had intended, they put us on the inside of the fuel dock. Our boat here is on the travel-lift dock for overnight.
There isn't really room inside Broad Creek to anchor - it is a small creek lined closely with yards on every bank. We came up here to visit friends, and they took us to dinner at a restaurant in Gloucester.
The next visit, coming from Mill Creek, we went around the penninsula into the Piankatank River and anchored in Fishing Bay. (see travelogue)
- Pros:Boating facilities
- Cons:Broad Creek entrance very shallow
- In a nutshell:Boater friendly town
under construction more travel advice
My information said that this marina had 63 slips (no transient slips) which have water and electric. They have fuel,... more travel advice
grandmaR's Related Pages
Deltaville Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Deltaville
- 20 Reviews
- 49 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (522)
Have you been to Deltaville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Deltaville
Photos in DeltavilleSee All Photos (49)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 733 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 174 reviews, 659 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 77 reviews, 379 photos, 13 travelogues
- London Intro, 78 reviews, 305 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 56 reviews, 306 photos, 9 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 298 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 252 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 57 reviews, 258 photos, 7 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 48 reviews, 264 photos, 8 travelogues