"The Mustangs of Los Colinas" Top 5 Page for this destination Irving by grandmaR
Irving Travel Guide: 67 reviews and 146 photos
I saw the sculpture below on my first visit, and I took some more pictures in 2006.
Los Colinas is a planned development where the sculptures are displayed. It consists of high-rise office towers, retail centers, upscale residences and apartment complexes, and golf courses in Irving TX.
According to the Irving Chamber of Commerce and Museum websites:
"Those galloping creatures represent the world's largest equestrian sculpture, the Mustangs of Las Colinas, captured in bronze as they move across a granite stream at Irving's Williams Square. African wildlife artist Robert Glen installed this spectacular piece in 1984, as a memorial to the heritage of Texas. The sculpture recognizes that "Texas is not only a geographical place on this continent, but that it represents a distinctive spirit and way of life of a people who are committed to the freedoms of action, initiative and expression for each individual man and woman as no other culture before has exhibited."
- Pros:Home of the Dallas Cowboys
- Cons:Home of the Dallas Cowboys
- In a nutshell:DFW Airport - Between Dallas and Ft. Worth
I was intrigued by the colorful windmill outside this restaurant. I have not eaten here. According to the CofC website... more travel advice
I have not eaten here, but I waited for Bob to pick me up at a bus stop next to this restaurant. The reviews of this... more travel advice
grandmaR's Related Pages
Irving Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Irving, Texas--A Charming Community"
- "The Mustangs of Los Colinas"
- "Keeweechic's Irving"
- "Irving, Texas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Irving
- Hotels in Irving
- Transportation in Irving
- Restaurants in Irving
- Warnings and Dangers in Irving
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Irving
- 12 Reviews
- 69 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (542)
Have you been to Irving?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Irving
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 733 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 174 reviews, 663 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 77 reviews, 379 photos, 13 travelogues
- London Intro, 78 reviews, 305 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 56 reviews, 306 photos, 9 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 298 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 252 photos, 6 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 50 reviews, 274 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 58 reviews, 263 photos, 7 travelogues