Fort Worth Warnings Or Dangers Tips by grandmaR
Fort Worth Warnings and Dangers: 22 reviews and 20 photos
Longhorns on Exchange Street
These steers have VERY long horns. They are most impressive when you see them attached to an animal who may or may not decide to use them. and while they are accustomed to doing this trip twice a day, every day (subject to weather), they are still not 'tame' animals.
Think about it. Longhorn steers weigh as much as a ton each and have horn spans up to 6 feet. In the picture it looks almost like one of the steers is scratching the butt of the one in front of him. How would that grab you?
The cattle are donated by breeders from throughout the state. To prepare the longhorns for what they might encounter during the daily outings, the drovers tried everything possible to irritate the one-ton beasts. They blared sirens, drove cars around them and pulled their tails. One steer, a red-and-white bovine named Bravo, passed every test but was pulled from the team the day he gored a horse
Stay back on the curbs.
According to the website: "The Trail Boss has the ultimate decision on whether to drive the cattle or not. Longhorns are not pets or show animals, and drives are subject to their disposition."
The cowboy at the left is at the trailing end of the herd, most of which is out of sight on the right.
More Reviews (25)
- Victorian, Mountain Man, Cowboy or...
- See All Western Clothing
- See All Cattle Handling Demonstration
- See All TEXAS Cowboys
grandmaR's Related Pages
Fort Worth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Fort Worth"
- "FORT WORTH"
- "Ft. Worth--Historic Stockyards, Art & Sundance Sq."
- "Sweetberry's Ft. Worth Page"
- "The Real Texas"
- "Texas Cow Town"
- "Dallas-Fort Worth"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fort Worth
- Hotels in Fort Worth
- Transportation in Fort Worth
- Nightlife in Fort Worth
- Restaurants in Fort Worth
- Shopping in Fort Worth
- Warnings and Dangers in Fort Worth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fort Worth
- 26 Reviews
- 82 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (513)
Have you been to Fort Worth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fort Worth
- Posted in Travel Madrid Forum "Re: Daytrip from Madrid on Easter..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "A 19th Century Drover in the 21st Century"
- updated a Fort Worth Travel Page "Texas Cow Town"
- Commented on one of speer's Fort Worth travel pages
- Wrote a Review Victorian, Mountain Man, Cowboy... in Fort Worth Hotels
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 728 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 174 reviews, 647 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 77 reviews, 359 photos, 12 travelogues
- London Intro, 77 reviews, 301 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 56 reviews, 306 photos, 9 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 57 reviews, 258 photos, 7 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 48 reviews, 264 photos, 8 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (54)
- Stockyards Historic District- 45 Reviews, 83 Photos
- Botanic Garden- 35 Reviews, 88 Photos
- Fort Worth Zoo- 15 Reviews, 29 Photos
- Stockyard Station- 9 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Billy Bob's Texas- 8 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Sundance Square- 7 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Fort Worth Water Gardens- 4 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Kimbell Art Museum- 12 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Bass Performance Hall- 7 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Will Rogers Memorial Center- 7 Reviews, 17 Photos
See All Fort Worth Things to Do