Dallas Sports & Outdoors Tips by grandmaR Top 5 Page for this destination
Dallas Sports & Outdoors: 31 reviews and 43 photos
My daughter pointed out the AA arena as we drove past. I'm not sure if they've been there to a Dallas Mavericks game or not. I tend to think not, because my SIL is more into the Cowboys and participatory sports. In addition to the Mavericks (basketball) the Stars (hockey) and Desparados (arena football) play here. I was more interested in the arena because of the American Airlines connection.
The exterior of American Airlines Center is made of brick, limestone and granite and inside it is 840,000 square feet.
There are four entryways into the event level:
The Zamboni entrance (North)
the Home Team entrance (East)
the Visiting Team entrance (West)
and the Elephant entrance (South)
Equipment: All guests visiting the American Airlines Center must pass through metal detectors when entering the facility. Large bags and backpacks are not allowed and all other bags will be inspected. Items such as firearms, knives and other weapons are prohibited.
Patrons should avoid bringing prohibited items and any unnecessary items that may activate the metal detectors. Upon entry into the facility remove all items from your pockets including cell phones, pagers, and car keys. Also, have purses and small bags open and ready for inspection. If at anytime you observe and unusual behavior by other guests, please notify your section usher so that we may investigate.
Small signs are allowed but larger signs with sticks or poles are not. Other prohibited items include food products, bottles, aerosol cans, coolers, weapons and laser pointers.
Address: 2500 Victory Ave in Dallas, Texas.
Directions: To blue lots: Dallas Tollway to Wycliff exit- just past the last toll plaza. Right on Wycliff and continue to Harry Hines- turn left on Harry Hines. Continue to N Houston St. Turn right on N Houston St. and the blue lots will be on your right.
Phone: Ticketmaster at 214-373-8000
Theme: Sports Watching
More Reviews (53)
- See All Franchise Mexican
- See All A Warm Day in February
- See All Sports Fans
- See All Construction
- See All Helicopters
grandmaR's Related Pages
Dallas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Dallas"
- "Dallas,Texas--Big, Bold and Friendly!!"
- "1997 Convention to 2006 Frisco grandchildren visit"
- "Goin' through the Big D and I mean Dallas!"
- "Dallas Texas"
- "Sweetberry's Dallas Page"
- "btex's Dallas Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dallas
- Hotels in Dallas
- Transportation in Dallas
- Nightlife in Dallas
- Restaurants in Dallas
- Shopping in Dallas
- Warnings and Dangers in Dallas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dallas
- 54 Reviews
- 177 Photos
- 27 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (541)
Have you been to Dallas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dallas
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Hotels to Add to VT"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Jousting and Eating without Utensils"
- updated a Dallas Travel Page "1997 Convention to 2006 Frisco grandchildren visit"
- Wrote a Review Franchise Mexican about On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina in Dallas Restaurants
- Commented on one of biljah's Dallas travel pages
Photos in DallasSee All Photos (177)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 733 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 174 reviews, 663 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 77 reviews, 379 photos, 13 travelogues
- London Intro, 78 reviews, 305 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 56 reviews, 306 photos, 9 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 298 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 252 photos, 6 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 49 reviews, 269 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 57 reviews, 258 photos, 7 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (55)
- Dealey Plaza Dedication- 60 Reviews, 64 Photos
- Reunion Tower- 18 Reviews, 26 Photos
- Fair Park- 41 Reviews, 78 Photos
- Southfork Ranch- 12 Reviews, 25 Photos
- World Aquarium- 12 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Pioneer Plaza- 17 Reviews, 28 Photos
- Botanical Garden- 14 Reviews, 43 Photos
- Downtown- 27 Reviews, 47 Photos
- Natural History Museum- 6 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Teddy Bear Park- 5 Reviews, 5 Photos
See All Dallas Things to Do