"State Capitol" Pierre by grandmaR
Pierre Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 43 photos
Pierre (pronounce Peer] was chosen as the capitol of the state of South Dakota because is was approximately in the center of the state. The population was 13,646 at the 2010 census, making it the second least populous state capital after Montpelier, Vermont. It is opposite Fort Pierre which was named for Pierre Chouteau, Jr., an American fur trader of French Canadian origin.
In 1948 our family drove through the city so my dad could take a photo of the capitol building. That is our 1948 grey Ford in the front of the building. You can see part of my mother in the front seat, and I am looking out the window from the back seat.
grandmaR's Related Pages
Pierre Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "South Dakota State Capital"
- "State Capitol"
- "Pierre, South Dakota"
- "Basaic Pierre Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pierre
- Hotels in Pierre
- Transportation in Pierre
- Restaurants in Pierre
- Warnings and Dangers in Pierre
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pierre
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (512)
Have you been to Pierre?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pierre
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 728 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 174 reviews, 647 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 77 reviews, 367 photos, 13 travelogues
- London Intro, 78 reviews, 305 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 56 reviews, 306 photos, 9 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 57 reviews, 258 photos, 7 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 48 reviews, 264 photos, 8 travelogues