Sullivans Island Things to Do Tips by grandmaR
Sullivans Island Things to Do: 5 reviews and 15 photos
Fort Moultrie from the inlet
We finally visited this fort in 2004 (photo 4). Up to then I'd only seen it from the water. The National Park Service website says that you can tour the fort using the self-guided brochure. And you can.
There is a little museum across the road from the actual fort, and you can take a photo of the fort from there (photo 5)
Interpretive signs are posted throughout the fort (photos 2 and 3). By using these signs and the park brochure, visitors guide themselves through the fort traveling back in time from World War II to the American Revolution. Ranger programs are given at various times."
The only problem with the NPS presentation is that I don't think that they made enough of the Revolutionary War victory that occurred here.
Operating Hours & Seasons
Daily, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; closed New Year's Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Seniors (62 and over): $1.00 Adults (16 and over): $2.00 Children: $1.00 Family: $5.00 Annual Pass: $20.00
Directions: Take US-17 North to Mt. Pleasant and turn right onto SC-703. At Sullivan's Island, turn right onto Middle Street. The fort is 1.5 miles from that intersection.
More Reviews (11)
grandmaR's Related Pages
Sullivans Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome To Sullivan's Island"
- "sullivans island, south carolina"
- "On the North Side of Charleston Harbor"
- "WILDEFLOWER's new Sullivans Island Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sullivans Island
- Hotels in Sullivans Island
- Transportation in Sullivans Island
- Restaurants in Sullivans Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Sullivans Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sullivans Island
- 12 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (541)
Have you been to Sullivans Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sullivans Island
- Posted in Travel Key West Forum "Re: Going to Key West for first..."
- updated a Sullivans Island Travel Page "On the North Side of Charleston Harbor"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Out into the Ocean November 21, 2003"
- Wrote a Review Next to the Sugar Shack in Sullivans Island Shopping
- Commented on one of WILDEFLOWER's Sullivans Island travel pages
Photos in Sullivans IslandSee All Photos (53)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 733 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 174 reviews, 663 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 77 reviews, 379 photos, 13 travelogues
- London Intro, 78 reviews, 305 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 56 reviews, 306 photos, 9 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 298 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 252 photos, 6 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 49 reviews, 269 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 57 reviews, 258 photos, 7 travelogues