Mount Pleasant Things to Do Tips by grandmaR
Mount Pleasant Things to Do: 4 reviews and 8 photos
Submarine from the carrier
We visited Patriot Point with our son, grandchildren and daughter-in-law when we were staying at the marina next door in November of 2000.
At Patriot Point is the USS YORKTOWN (CV-10), the Fighting Lady. Moored next to her is USS LAFFEY (DD-724), a World War II destroyer. Also moored alongside are the United States Coast Guard cutter INGHAM (WHEC-35), and the diesel attack submarine USS CLAMAGORE (SS-343).
Because we waited until after our DIL got off work, it was late in the day when we visited and we only got to see the carrier and the submarine. Bob was disgusted with the carrier exhibits (he served on this ship) because a lot of the planes on the deck, and a lot of the exhibits really had nothing to do with the actual Yorktown. He was happier about the submarine, which hadn't been mucked about so much.
Winter hours (October 1 - March 31): Ticket sales from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Gift shop hours from 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM. Closing time is 6:30 PM in winter .
Summer hours (April 1 - September 30): Ticket sales from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Gift shop hours from 9:00 AM to 6:30 PM. Closing time is 7:30 PM in summer.
Adult (12 & older) $12.50
Children (6 - 11YRS.)$ 6.00
Senior Citizen/Active Duty Military w/ ID $11.00
Children (Under 6 yrs. w/ parent) and Military in Uniform No Charge
Address: 40 Patriots Point Road
Phone: 1-800-868-8118 (visitors center)
More Reviews (8)
grandmaR's Related Pages
Mount Pleasant Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Patriots Point"
- "Mount Pleasant, South Carolina"
- "Heritage Bike Rally"
- "Mount Pleasant, SC"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mount Pleasant
- Hotels in Mount Pleasant
- Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
- Shopping in Mount Pleasant
- Warnings and Dangers in Mount Pleasant
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mount Pleasant
- 9 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (181)
Have you been to Mount Pleasant?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Pleasant
Photos in Mount PleasantSee All Photos (53)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 728 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 154 reviews, 560 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 75 reviews, 341 photos, 11 travelogues
- London Intro, 77 reviews, 301 photos, 6 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 51 reviews, 293 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 48 reviews, 264 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 56 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues