"ICW Southport - the South Side of North Carolina" Southport by grandmaR
Southport Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 62 photos
We never actually stopped at Southport proper until the spring of 2002. Both times for the 2000/2001 trip we went to Bald Head instead. (See Bald Head pages) And on the way down in the fall of 2001 we went to a new marina south of Southport. We finally visited here in the spring of 2002
Southport has a historic district where one can walk around and see cottages like this one. There are also some museums and gallery.
But Southport for us is primarily a water front town. If you look carefully at the photo, you can see the blue Southport water tower past all the docks
- Pros:Historic Town
- Cons:Infrastructure on the water not always well kept
- In a nutshell:Harbor town
The rate was 95 cents a foot with a Boat US discount. They have floating docks for up to 8' draft. This marina is sort... more travel advice
The lighthouse is on Bald Head Island, and must be accessed by ferry from the mainland. It is lit at night, but not with... more travel advice
grandmaR's Related Pages
Southport Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sleepy Southport"
- "biggdogg's new Southport Page"
- "ICW Southport - the South Side of North Carolina"
- "Southport North Carolina"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Southport
- 9 Reviews
- 52 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (512)
Have you been to Southport?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Southport
- Posted in Travel Orlando Forum "Re: where is this place?"
- updated a Southport Travelogue "April 2004 - Southport in the Morning"
- Uploaded a Photo to "April 2004 - Southport in the Morning"
- Wrote a Review MM 315.0 St. James Plantation Marina in Southport Sports & Outdoors
- Commented on one of acemj's Southport travel pages
Photos in SouthportSee All Photos (52)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 728 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 174 reviews, 647 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 77 reviews, 359 photos, 12 travelogues
- London Intro, 77 reviews, 301 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 56 reviews, 306 photos, 9 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 57 reviews, 258 photos, 7 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 48 reviews, 264 photos, 8 travelogues