"Quintessential Outer Banks" Top 5 Page for this destination Nags Head by grandmaR

Nags Head Travel Guide: 117 reviews and 193 photos

Nags Head was first a physical location on a map, then a township. Early maps show Nags Head as a promontory of land. The high sand dunes were visible from miles at sea. It might be named for the wrecker's practice of having a hobbled horse walk along the beach with a lantern. This would make ships think that there were other ships safely anchored nearby.

Or it may have been named after a similar location of the English coast which was the last sight of old England that the earlier seafarers would see.

midget wrote me as follows:
You are COMPLETELY WRONG on many if not all of your observation/information on sites in Nags Head! Too many to cite....A little advice about restaurants in tourist areas, if its got a stupid or catchy name it probably sucks. Like *** Andys or Barefoot Bernies..

Some of the businesses you wrote about, again completely wrong on what those businesses offer, even the phone number is wrong!!! I wouldn't trust your information on anything.

I don't even know how I got to this site and I have never done anything like this before but I just had to inform you of you WRONGNESS. Yeah just like that ain't know word and this speaking ain't right your info is WAY WAY off! Stop posting incorrect info and misleading any lameasses that may get there information from a source like this, PLEASE!!!! If you don't think I know Nags Head and the Outer Banks, my family goes back generations here.

I have taken this information and tried to fix my Nags Head webpages to be more accurate.

• Last visit to Nags Head: Dec 2004
  • Intro Updated Feb 1, 2007

• May 9, 2006 at 10:38 AM

We do not rent tackle or boats. we are a full service tackle shop in which we serve the inshore / off shore charters from oregon inlet & pirates cove. . We also build custom rods and we are the only tackle shop in Bermuda.

grandmaR

“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”

Badges & Stats in Nags Head

Have you been to Nags Head?