"Quintessential Outer Banks" Top 5 Page for this destination Nags Head by grandmaR
Nags Head Travel Guide: 117 reviews and 193 photos
Nags Head was first a physical location on a map, then a township. Early maps show Nags Head as a promontory of land. The high sand dunes were visible from miles at sea. It might be named for the wrecker's practice of having a hobbled horse walk along the beach with a lantern. This would make ships think that there were other ships safely anchored nearby.
Or it may have been named after a similar location of the English coast which was the last sight of old England that the earlier seafarers would see.
midget wrote me as follows:
You are COMPLETELY WRONG on many if not all of your observation/information on sites in Nags Head! Too many to cite....A little advice about restaurants in tourist areas, if its got a stupid or catchy name it probably sucks. Like *** Andys or Barefoot Bernies..
Some of the businesses you wrote about, again completely wrong on what those businesses offer, even the phone number is wrong!!! I wouldn't trust your information on anything.
I don't even know how I got to this site and I have never done anything like this before but I just had to inform you of you WRONGNESS. Yeah just like that ain't know word and this speaking ain't right your info is WAY WAY off! Stop posting incorrect info and misleading any lameasses that may get there information from a source like this, PLEASE!!!! If you don't think I know Nags Head and the Outer Banks, my family goes back generations here.
I have taken this information and tried to fix my Nags Head webpages to be more accurate.
First we walked around the visitor's center and saw the videotape about the settlement, plus we looked at the display... more travel advice
A lighthouse that one can visit on the Outer Banks is the 150 ft tall Bodie Island Light 4 miles north of Oregon Inlet.... more travel advice
grandmaR's Related Pages
Nags Head Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "b1bob goes to Nags Head, NC"
- "Welcome to Nags Head"
- "Quintessential Outer Banks"
- "Nags Head... Who Knew?"
- "Nags Head, NC"
- "The Outer Banks"
- "I'd move here in a heartbeat!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nags Head
- Hotels in Nags Head
- Transportation in Nags Head
- Nightlife in Nags Head
- Restaurants in Nags Head
- Shopping in Nags Head
- Warnings and Dangers in Nags Head
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nags Head
- 17 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (541)
Have you been to Nags Head?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nags Head
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Hotels to Add to VT"
- updated a Nags Head Travel Page "Quintessential Outer Banks"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Elizabethan Garden on Roanoke Island"
- Commented on one of MIdgiemoon's Nags Head travel pages
- Wrote a Review Fort Raleigh National Historic Site in Nags Head Off The Beaten Path
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 733 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 174 reviews, 663 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 77 reviews, 379 photos, 13 travelogues
- London Intro, 78 reviews, 305 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 56 reviews, 306 photos, 9 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 298 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 252 photos, 6 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 49 reviews, 269 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 57 reviews, 258 photos, 7 travelogues