"Barrier Island Ocean Pines" Top 5 Page for this destination Duck by grandmaR
Duck Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 102 photos
My daughter came to stay in Ocean Pines condo unit in October 2000 and she liked it very much, so I decided to book the same thing for the late fall of 2004. From here, we did quite a bit of sightseeing along the Outer Banks. At this time of year the activities in Duck seem limited to beach walking, kite flying, and fishing.
A website on the Outer Banks says: "Located on the north end of the Banks, Duck remained undeveloped until the 1970's. Commercial development has been limited along Highway 12 and the community has considerable ''old beach'' charm.
"Named for the sheer numbers of waterfowl that once flocked here during migratory seasons, Duck has experienced exponential growth over the past ten years. Duck is a thriving year-round town as well as vacation destination. Characterized by quaint boutiques, fine dining, and a variety of water sports both on the sound and in the ocean, Duck is rapidly becoming one of the most popular beach destinations in the country."
There are five lighthouses in the OBX which can be visited. I have taken pictures of all of them, but I haven't finished... more travel advice
Other places have fiberglass animals painted with various themes. Locally in Calvert Co. MD, we have seahorses. In... more travel advice
grandmaR's Related Pages
Duck Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Duck, Outer Banks NC"
- "Barrier Island Ocean Pines"
- "b1bob "quacks up" in Duck"
- "A Cool Beach"
- "Offseason in Duck -First part- 27-29 November 2004"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Duck
- Hotels in Duck
- Transportation in Duck
- Nightlife in Duck
- Restaurants in Duck
- Shopping in Duck
- Warnings and Dangers in Duck
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Duck
- 15 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (184)
Have you been to Duck?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Duck
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 724 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 154 reviews, 560 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 75 reviews, 329 photos, 10 travelogues
- London Intro, 77 reviews, 301 photos, 6 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 51 reviews, 293 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 48 reviews, 264 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 56 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues