"Corolla - a Village in Currituck County" Top 5 Page for this destination Corolla by grandmaR
Corolla Travel Guide: 69 reviews and 155 photos
Corolla is the northernmost town on the Outer Banks that is accessible by road. Until 1984, Corolla was a sleepy little village, with wild ponies roaming through the streets.
The Whalehead Club which was built by northern millionaires as a 'hunting lodge' in the 1920s is now being restored as a waterfowl museum.
But for me Corolla is really about the Currituck Beach Lighthouse. The Whalehead Club was built next to the 180 foot red brick lighthouse which is open for climbing and has a small museum and a restored lightkeeper's house.
There is also a bird sanctuary (the Pine Island Audubon Sanctuary) which is between Duck (the next village south) and Corolla.
I think I took this picture because this is a house that can be rented. You see a lot of homes that are built up above... more travel advice
I took this picture of the Corolla Surf Shop when we went to dinner one night. It was in the same area as the... more travel advice
grandmaR's Related Pages
Corolla Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Corolla - a Village in Currituck County"
- "Relaxing on the Outer Banks"
- "Welcome to Corolla"
- ""Life on the Outer Banks.""
- "Corolla Light ... A beautiful place for relaxation"
- "Corolla and its wild horses..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Corolla
- Hotels in Corolla
- Transportation in Corolla
- Restaurants in Corolla
- Shopping in Corolla
- Warnings and Dangers in Corolla
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Corolla
- 26 Reviews
- 69 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (541)
Have you been to Corolla?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Corolla
Photos in CorollaSee All Photos (69)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 733 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 174 reviews, 663 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 77 reviews, 379 photos, 13 travelogues
- London Intro, 78 reviews, 305 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 56 reviews, 306 photos, 9 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 298 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 252 photos, 6 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 49 reviews, 269 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 57 reviews, 258 photos, 7 travelogues