Core Creek Sports & Outdoors Tips by grandmaR
Core Creek Sports & Outdoors: 2 reviews and 6 photos
Coming up Core Creek
I have not stayed in this marina or yard. It is supposed to be quite good for maintenance problems. The 2002 guide says it is 75 cents/ft.
Friends of ours have hauled their boat there, and they recommend it (pictures of their boat from the ICW are included).
From a website (not theirs but another one)
Bock Marine was started by Carl Bock on Roanoke Island in the 1970's as "Roanoke Island Steel and Boat Works". Prior to starting his own business Carl supervised steelwork at Norfolk Ship Building and Drydock Corporation.
The business moved to a location on the ICW just north of Beaufort, NC in 1983 and is now run by Kenny Bock, Carl's son. Bock's yard stopped building new boats in the mid 1990's and now concentrates on maintenance services for wood, fiberglass and steel hulled boats.
Bock's yard is unusual in allowing, even encouraging, owner maintanance.
Bock's is also unusual because of the loyalty and experience of its staff. Kenny told me in 2002 that the newest staff member had been with the yard eight years. When asked how Bock's managed to inspire such loyalty he thought a minute and answered, "I guess we just try to treat our people right..."
Equipment: Apparently they do not have their own website, but the URL given is an account of a haul of a boat named ENCORE.
I also got a comment about Bock Marine here on VT
marilynhays wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:51 EST
Out boat has been on the hard at Bock's for over a year now and they have been nothing but extremely helpful. Ask around and nearly everyone will tell you that Bock is the best place for DIY boat work on the East Coast.
Address: 233 Core Creek Road, Beaufort, NC
Marina sign on the ICW
Another Marina that we normally pass by - and we did so this time too. In 2002, it was 80 cents/ft and $3.00 for 30 amp
Address: 729 Sea Gate Dr., Beaufort
Directions: Off N.C. Highway 101, 1 mile north of Core Creek Bridge on the ICW
Phone: (252) 728-4126
grandmaR's Related Pages
Core Creek Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
- Ocean City Hotels
- Grove City
- Malolo Lailai Island
- The Gambia
- Caloundra Hotels
- Ilha de Tavira Hotels
- Monte-Carlo Hotels
- Herradura Hotels
- Steinsel Hotels
- Myrtle Beach
- Rose Hill Hotels
- Faroe Islands Hotels
- Wisconsin Hotels
Badges & Stats in Core Creek
- 2 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (179)
Have you been to Core Creek?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Core Creek
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 724 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 154 reviews, 560 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 74 reviews, 316 photos, 9 travelogues
- London Intro, 77 reviews, 301 photos, 6 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 50 reviews, 280 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 56 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 46 reviews, 254 photos, 8 travelogues