"Maryland State Fairgrounds" Timonium by grandmaR
Timonium Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 10 photos
When my children got horses they started to participate in the 4-H shows which were very inexpensive (a dollar or two per event). After a couple of years, they qualified for the Maryland State Fair. This is held at the fairgrounds in Timonium every year at the end of August and beginning of September.
So for many years in the late 70s and early 80s, we'd trailer up from Leonardtown and the kids would show their horses and also go to the fair.
There is also a racetrack next to the fairgrounds where my SIL raced her thoroughbreds.
In the winter or offseason, the fairgrounds are used for large ham swap meets and the race track grandstand is used for various shows and musical events.
This is the cemetery where my husband's aunt and uncle are buried. They have metal plates set recessed in the lawn for easier mowing. The lawn benches that you see are memorials. No artificial flowers are allowed except at certain holidays and there are a lot of other rules.
Among other people buried here are: Politicians buried here:
* Spiro Theodore Agnew (1918-1996) -- also known as Spiro T. Agnew; Spiro Theodore Anagnostopoulos -- Born in Baltimore, Md., November 9, 1918. Republican. Served in the U.S. Army during World War II; served in the U.S. Army during the Korean conflict; Governor of Maryland, 1967-69; Vice President of the United States, 1969-73. Episcopalian. Greek ancestry. Member, Kiwanis. Was charged with accepting bribes and falsifying federal income tax returns; pleaded no contest to tax evasion, and resigned as Vice-President, October 10, 1973; disbarred by a Maryland court in 1974. Died, of leukemia, in Atlantic General Hospital, Berlin, Worcester County, Md., September 17, 1996. Interment at Dulaney Valley Memorial Gardens. Books by Spiro T. Agnew: Go Quietly Or Else (1980, out of print), The Canfield Decision (1976, out of print), Frankly Speaking: A Collection of Extraordinary Speeches (1970, out of print), Where He Stands: The Life and Convictions of Spiro Agnew (1968, out of print)
grandmaR's Related Pages
Timonium Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Timonium
- 3 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (192)
Have you been to Timonium?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Timonium
Photos in TimoniumSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 728 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 174 reviews, 647 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 77 reviews, 359 photos, 12 travelogues
- London Intro, 77 reviews, 301 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 56 reviews, 306 photos, 9 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 57 reviews, 258 photos, 7 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 48 reviews, 264 photos, 8 travelogues