Solomons Island Nightlife Tips by grandmaR Top 5 Page for this destination

Solomons Island Nightlife: 3 reviews and 11 photos

From across the way - on a hot July night - Solomons Island

From across the way - on a hot July night

Tiki Bar: Not my Cup Of Tea

People have complained that they don't like to keep their boats at Solomons anymore because of the noise from the Tiki Bar.

We met some friends here - they were anchored out and were coming south on the ICW. We had some drinks (non-alcoholic for me) and then we took them to dinner in our car. It was October, so it wasn't as crowded.

Dress Code: A review of the place (the URL below) says in part:

"Aside from the name, a few token Tikis, and some obligatory pre-mixed sub-tropical drinks, you'd be hard pressed to call this place a true Tiki Bar at all. And yet, it was a beautiful day, I was with a gorgeous girl, the staff were nice, the locals were drunk (and impressed that I was "writing a book about their place"*), a breeze was blowing over the boat-filled bay, and I had a strong (if rank) drink in my hand and nowhere to be. What more do you really need? "

Address: Island Manor Motel, 77 Charles Street

Directions: Take MD Rte 2-4 S, all the way to the bottom of the state. At the St. Mary's Co. bridge, follow the signs that point you away from the bridge . Do not cross the bridge. Rt 2 exits to the right. After a few curves, the Tiki Bar is on your right

Phone: 410-326-4075

Theme: Dancing

Website: http://www.tikibars.net/tiki/tikisolo.html

• Updated Dec 24, 2010
Outside at Christmas - Solomons Island

Outside at Christmas

Calypso Bay Crab House: Was Harbor Sounds Music Room

In 2010, there was a bar/nightclub upstairs. There are pool tables and a DJ came in at 9 p.m. on Thursdays. There is also a bar with the restaurant downstairs. Their signature drink was the Orange Crush. I didn't try it.

When we went to dinner at Harbor Sounds in the summer of 2006, we saw that there was a Music Room upstairs. We went early on Friday night, and by the time we had finished eating, they were setting up the instruments for the music.

They apparently had music and bands on Friday and Saturday night, plus other activities from Tuesday through Thursday.

Address: 120 Charles Street

Directions: Music Room is on the 2nd floor

Phone: 410-326-9522

Theme: Nightclub

Website: http://www.harborsounds.com/SoundRoom.htm

• Updated Dec 23, 2010

grandmaR Visits Here Frequently!

grandmaR

“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”

Badges & Stats in Solomons Island

Have you been to Solomons Island?

Latest Activity in Solomons Island