Solomons Island Nightlife Tips by grandmaR Top 5 Page for this destination
Solomons Island Nightlife: 3 reviews and 11 photos
From across the way - on a hot July night
People have complained that they don't like to keep their boats at Solomons anymore because of the noise from the Tiki Bar.
We met some friends here - they were anchored out and were coming south on the ICW. We had some drinks (non-alcoholic for me) and then we took them to dinner in our car. It was October, so it wasn't as crowded.
Dress Code: A review of the place (the URL below) says in part:
"Aside from the name, a few token Tikis, and some obligatory pre-mixed sub-tropical drinks, you'd be hard pressed to call this place a true Tiki Bar at all. And yet, it was a beautiful day, I was with a gorgeous girl, the staff were nice, the locals were drunk (and impressed that I was "writing a book about their place"*), a breeze was blowing over the boat-filled bay, and I had a strong (if rank) drink in my hand and nowhere to be. What more do you really need? "
Address: Island Manor Motel, 77 Charles Street
Directions: Take MD Rte 2-4 S, all the way to the bottom of the state. At the St. Mary's Co. bridge, follow the signs that point you away from the bridge . Do not cross the bridge. Rt 2 exits to the right. After a few curves, the Tiki Bar is on your right
Outside at Christmas
In 2010, there was a bar/nightclub upstairs. There are pool tables and a DJ came in at 9 p.m. on Thursdays. There is also a bar with the restaurant downstairs. Their signature drink was the Orange Crush. I didn't try it.
When we went to dinner at Harbor Sounds in the summer of 2006, we saw that there was a Music Room upstairs. We went early on Friday night, and by the time we had finished eating, they were setting up the instruments for the music.
They apparently had music and bands on Friday and Saturday night, plus other activities from Tuesday through Thursday.
Address: 120 Charles Street
Directions: Music Room is on the 2nd floor
More Reviews (43)
- See All Calvert County Restaurant Week
- See All Close to the Marina
- See All Small Craft
- Waterman's Shed and other outdoor...
- See All Sail the Sultana
grandmaR's Related Pages
Solomons Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Boating center"
- "Ringing the Bell for the Marine Museum"
- "The Most Fun Place in Southern Maryland"
- "Urban Getaway"
- "the Southern tip of Calvert County"
- "My current home"
- "Solomons Island Heritage Tours"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Solomons Island
- Hotels in Solomons Island
- Transportation in Solomons Island
- Nightlife in Solomons Island
- Restaurants in Solomons Island
- Shopping in Solomons Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Solomons Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Solomons Island
- 45 Reviews
- 199 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (181)
Have you been to Solomons Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Solomons Island
Photos in Solomons IslandSee All Photos (199)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 728 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 154 reviews, 560 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 75 reviews, 341 photos, 11 travelogues
- London Intro, 77 reviews, 301 photos, 6 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 51 reviews, 293 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 48 reviews, 264 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 56 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues