"Northern end of St. Mary's county" Mechanicsville by grandmaR
Mechanicsville Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 26 photos
Traveling south from Charlotte Hall on Maryland Route 5, you come next to Mechanicsville.
Prior to 1870, this area was called Harrisburg. When the post office was established, the name was changed to Mechanicsville - probably because of the Adams brothers. The Adams brothers were skilled carpenters and before the advent of the automobile carpenters were called mechanics.
People say of this area that if you live here and want to go out to dinner, you need to pack a lunch. But actually there are several pretty good restaurants in the area. We went to Copsey's (now called Crabby Rick's) just recently, and there's also Bert's and Captain Leonard's to name a few of them.
This location was formerly the Good View - also a Chinese restaurant. We had coupons so we came up to Mechanicsville... more travel advice
grandmaR's Related Pages
Mechanicsville Travel Guide
- Nightlife in Mechanicsville
- Restaurants in Mechanicsville
- Shopping in Mechanicsville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mechanicsville
- 10 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (513)
Have you been to Mechanicsville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mechanicsville
Photos in MechanicsvilleSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 728 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 174 reviews, 647 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 77 reviews, 367 photos, 13 travelogues
- London Intro, 78 reviews, 305 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 56 reviews, 306 photos, 9 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 57 reviews, 258 photos, 7 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 48 reviews, 264 photos, 8 travelogues