"Native Baltimoron" Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore by grandmaR
Baltimore Travel Guide: 1,196 reviews and 3,406 photos
I was born and brought up in Baltimore. When I married, my husband was in the Navy and we lived in various places around the US. Over the years (between 1959 when I married and 2007 when we finally sold my mom's house after her death) I came back to visit my parents. I also worked at a building on St. Paul Place in Baltimore in the late 80s and early 90s.
When I worked here, I drove down St. Paul to the I-695 Beltway, or to our city house in northern Anne Arundel County. I enjoyed looking at the the new and old buildings and the changing city architecture and skyline. I took this picture from my car this August as I drove down St. Paul Place again. I have no idea what these buildings are.
My sister and I usually took my mom somewhere for dinner to celebrate her birthday.
In 1998, we went to Annapolis and stayed a weekend in a hotel overlooking the harbor.
For her 90th birthday (1999), my three girls and their children took her to Chuckie Cheese. Then the next day, my sister and I had a surprise birthday party with 40 people which was in Towson.
For her birthday in 2000 (age 91), we went down to the harbor and took the water taxi around and then had dinner down there.
In 2001, we went to a restaurant in Roland Park.
In 2002, we ate at the Renaissance Harborplace overlooking Baltimore Harbor (top picture) with the son of my mother's first cousin who was visiting from Japan.
In 2003 and 2005, we had a celebration out on her deck (in Towson)
For her 95th birthday (2004) I took her to Gertrudes at the Baltimore Museum of Art.
She died before her 2006 birthday when she would have been 97
- Pros:Lots of interesting things to visit
- Cons:Water is sometimes dirty - hard to park
- In a nutshell:Welcome to Ballymer Hon
Where we live in southern Maryland, we have a choice of three airports. Dulles (which is way out in the boondocks of... more travel advice
Federal Hill is a neighborhood primarily of brick, late 19th Century homes. It overlooks the Inner Harbor. The first... more travel advice
- See All Olden Days at the Zoo
- See All Visit Sherwood Gardens
- See All Rodgers Forge Restaurant
grandmaR's Related Pages
Baltimore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Charm City"
- "Native Baltimoron"
- "The Land of Pleasant Living and...."
- "Baltimore "The Monumental City""
- "~ Baltimore ~"
- "DUCKPIN BOWLING AT THE PATTERSON BOWL"
- "The Great BaltOberfest"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Baltimore
- Hotels in Baltimore
- Transportation in Baltimore
- Nightlife in Baltimore
- Restaurants in Baltimore
- Shopping in Baltimore
- Warnings and Dangers in Baltimore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Baltimore
- 75 Reviews
- 337 Photos
- 41 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (181)
Have you been to Baltimore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baltimore
Photos in BaltimoreSee All Photos (337)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 728 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 154 reviews, 560 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 75 reviews, 341 photos, 11 travelogues
- London Intro, 77 reviews, 301 photos, 6 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 51 reviews, 293 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 48 reviews, 264 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 56 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues