"The Capitol of Boat Shows" Top 5 Page for this destination Annapolis by grandmaR
Annapolis Travel Guide: 224 reviews and 540 photos
Annapolis is the capitol of Maryland. It is NOT in Baltimore even though that is Maryland's largest city. The dome of the State House in Annapolis is visible from many places in the city (as in this picture and the one below).
Annapolis is also where the largest in-water sailboat show in the US.
We go to Annapolis every year for the sailboat show, which is on Columbus Day weekend from Thursday to Monday. We usually go on Friday.
Annapolis is a very boat friendly community and there are laws which prohibit people from denying land access to boaters.
There are also the United States Naval Academy, and St. John's College which are 'home ported' in Annapolis. Two more different educational institutions would be hard to find anywhere.
There are many small creeks in the area where people can live right on the water with their boat at their own dock.
- Pros:Historic town and sailboat friendly
- Cons:Horrible traffic and not much parking
- In a nutshell:Maryland's Capitol and hosts the largest in-water sailboat show in the US
Annapolis is not on any of the train based transportation systems - no MARC train or Amtrack or Metro. The former... more travel advice
Marinas in Central Maryland i.e. including Annapolis are in the Magothy River, Severn River, South River. I took this... more travel advice
grandmaR's Related Pages
Annapolis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Capitol of Boat Shows"
- "ANNAPOLIS, MARYLAND--Historic Chesapeake Bay area"
- "Maryland and Delaware Interlude"
- "A City Within a City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Annapolis
- Hotels in Annapolis
- Transportation in Annapolis
- Nightlife in Annapolis
- Restaurants in Annapolis
- Shopping in Annapolis
- Warnings and Dangers in Annapolis
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Annapolis
- 35 Reviews
- 80 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (184)
Have you been to Annapolis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Annapolis
Photos in AnnapolisSee All Photos (80)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 724 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 154 reviews, 560 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 75 reviews, 329 photos, 10 travelogues
- London Intro, 77 reviews, 301 photos, 6 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 51 reviews, 293 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 48 reviews, 264 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 56 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (53)
Latest Annapolis hotel reviews
- O'Callaghan Hotel Annapolis
- 419 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 10, 2013
- Historic Inns of Annapolis
- 545 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 11, 2013
- Doubletree Hotel Annapolis
- 406 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Loews Annapolis Hotel
- 433 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 11, 2013
- State House Inn
- 55 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2013
- Flag House Inn
- 194 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013
- Inn at Horn Point
- 216 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 13, 2013
- Quality Inn Annapolis
- 43 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 24, 2013
- William Page Inn
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
- Marriott Annapolis Waterfront
- 315 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Hampton Inn & Suites Annapolis
- 203 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- The Westin Annapolis
- 438 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Country Inn & Suites Annapolis
- 187 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013