"Town included in the National Seashore" Eastham by grandmaR
Eastham Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 17 photos
About one third (4800 Acres) of the Town of Eastham is included in the National Seashore National Park. So Eastham considers that their town is the Gateway to the Cape Cod National Seashore.
The town is bounded on two sides by land, the other two by water, the Atlantic Ocean and Cape Cod Bay with several Ocean and Bay Beaches, a host of kettle ponds, and a terrain of the town is now heavily salt marsh and sand. The town was originally home to the Nauset Indians. In 1651, it was incorporated by a group of Pilgrims who settled here.
Text taken from Teaching with Historic Places school lesson plans of the NPS. Edward Penniman was one of the most... more travel advice
grandmaR's Related Pages
Eastham Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Along the Cape Cod National Seashore"
- "MANGOBLUE99'S EASTHAM ROAD TRIP"
- "Eastham, Cape Cod"
- "Town included in the National Seashore"
- "Tchr's Eastham Page"
- "Home Sweet Home"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Eastham
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (181)
Have you been to Eastham?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Eastham
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 728 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 154 reviews, 560 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 75 reviews, 341 photos, 11 travelogues
- London Intro, 77 reviews, 301 photos, 6 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 51 reviews, 293 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 48 reviews, 264 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 56 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues