"New Arcadia on Bayou Teche" Saint Martinville by grandmaR
Saint Martinville Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 56 photos
I visited St. Martinsville for the first time when we lived in New Iberia/Jeanerette area in 1960. But I visited with another Navy wife and her sister and Bob had never been. So when we revisited New Iberia, I took Bob to St. Martinsville.
Some of it was the same - the Evangeline Oak was still there. Some of it was different - there were no longer monkeys in the zoo in the Longfellow-Evangeline State Park.
Cajuns call St. Martin de Tours Catholic Church the “Mother Church of the Acadians” for it was here in St. Martinville... more travel advice
I have not stayed at this place, but it seems to be a right casual and laid back operation. There was a sign on the door... more travel advice
grandmaR's Related Pages
Saint Martinville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "New Arcadia on Bayou Teche"
- "The Birthplace of Cajun Culture"
- "Basaic Saint Martinville Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Martinville
- Hotels in Saint Martinville
- Restaurants in Saint Martinville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Martinville
- 5 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (181)
Have you been to Saint Martinville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Martinville
Photos in Saint MartinvilleSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 728 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 154 reviews, 560 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 75 reviews, 341 photos, 11 travelogues
- London Intro, 77 reviews, 301 photos, 6 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 51 reviews, 293 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 48 reviews, 264 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 56 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues