New Orleans Sports & Outdoors Tips by grandmaR Top 5 Page for this destination
New Orleans Sports & Outdoors: 22 reviews and 28 photos
City and Superdome from Interstate
We saw the Superdome on the way in from the airport, and of course when we took the New Orleans tour, they mentioned it again.
They used to have tours of the Superdome but since 9-11 they no longer do that.
Equipment: Major Sports Events
* New Orleans Saints (NFL Football).
* NOKIA Sugar Bowl Football Classic.
* Tulane University (NCAA Division I Football).
* Bayou Classic Football (Grambling State and Southern University).
* Nokia Sugar Bowl Prep Classic (LHSAA Football Championships).
* Super Bowls XII (1978), XV (1981), XX (1986), XXIV (1990), XXXI (1997) & XXXVI (2002).
* NCAA Basketball Final Four (1982, 1987, 1993, 2003).
* NCAA Basketball, Division I Regionals (1981, 1990, 1999, 2001).
* Southeastern Conference (SEC) Basketball Tournament (1996, 2003).
* New Orleans Bowl (Sun Belt Champion vs. Conf. USA)
Other ANNUAL SUPERDOME Sporting Related EVENTS
* Louisiana Sportsmen Show.
* U.S. Hot Rod Assn. Grand Slam Motor Jam.
* New Orleans Boat & Sport Fishing Show.
* LA Bike Expo
* Mardi Gras Marathon
Address: Superbowl Drive
Directions: From Interstate 10, coming from the East:
Take the Orleans Avenue exit,
Turn left on Orleans and follow it across Canal Street where Orleans becomes Loyola Avenue,
Proceed to Girod Street, Turn right and follow Girod to the Superdome.
Phone: (504) 587-3663
Theme: Sports Watching
More Reviews (176)
- See All J. J. Audubon Boat Trip
- See All Old Postcards
- See All Cajun Chicken
- See All City Park
- Pick Your Tours Carefully
- See All Streetcars in the Neutral Ground
grandmaR's Related Pages
New Orleans Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Two Visits - 54 Years Apart"
- "new orleans louisiana"
- "The Naughty Madame"
- "New Orleans-An Intriguing Visit to the Past"
- "Crescent City Comes Calling"
- "THE BIG EASY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Orleans
- Hotels in New Orleans
- Transportation in New Orleans
- Nightlife in New Orleans
- Restaurants in New Orleans
- Shopping in New Orleans
- Warnings and Dangers in New Orleans
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New Orleans
- 177 Reviews
- 388 Photos
- 44 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (181)
Have you been to New Orleans?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Orleans
Photos in New OrleansSee All Photos (388)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 728 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 154 reviews, 560 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 75 reviews, 341 photos, 11 travelogues
- London Intro, 77 reviews, 301 photos, 6 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 51 reviews, 293 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 48 reviews, 264 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 56 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (53)
- Bourbon Street- 50 Reviews, 71 Photos
- Swamp Tours- 34 Reviews, 59 Photos
- Garden District- 34 Reviews, 64 Photos
- French Quarter- 54 Reviews, 99 Photos
- Mardi Gras- 37 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Jackson Square- 51 Reviews, 103 Photos
- Cemeteries- 45 Reviews, 77 Photos
- Plantations- 22 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Cruise the Mississippi- 30 Reviews, 50 Photos
- French Market- 34 Reviews, 48 Photos
See All New Orleans Things to Do