"Where's the Green?" Top 5 Page for this destination Bowling Green by grandmaR
Bowling Green Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 162 photos
Bowling Green has several tourist attractions including the National Corvette Museum, and Aviation Heritage Park. But the main reason that I picked Bowling Green was that I thought I could do a day trip to Mammoth Cave from there.
When we had car trouble, that meant I had to cut short the Bowling Green visit, so I did not visit any Bowling Green attractions at all.
Bowling Green is a small city with a population (year 2000) of 49,296. Estimated population in July 2005: 52,272 (+6.0% change)
Males: 23,841 (48.4%), Females: 25,455 (51.6%)
It is in Warren County- Zip codes: 42101, 42103, 42104.
One thing that I did not know is that Bowling Green-area historical tornado activity is near Kentucky state average. It is 63% greater than the overall U.S. average.
Colleges/Universities in Bowling Green:
* WESTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY (Full-time enrollment: 12,806; Location: 1 BIG RED WAY; Public; Website: www.wku.edu; Offers Doctor's degree)
* BOWLING GREEN TECHNICAL COLLEGE (FT enrollment: 591; Location: 1845 LOOP DR; Public; Website: www.bgtc.net)
* DRAUGHONS JUNIOR COLLEGE (FT enrollment: 236; Location: 2424 AIRWAY DR AT LOVERS LN; Private, for-profit)
* PJ'S COLLEGE OF COSMETOLOGY (FT enrollment: 185; Location: 1901 RUSSELLVILLE ROAD; Private, for-profit)
* BOWLING GREEN HEALTH CARE TRAINING SCHOOL (Location: 1725 ASHLEY CIR; Private, for-profit)
* UNIVERSAL SCHOOL OF HAIR TECHNOLOGY (Location: 332 COLLEGE ST; Private, for-profit)
Bowling Green compared to Kentucky state average:
Median resident age: 28.6 years
Median household income: $29,047 (year 2000)
Median house value: $104,200 (year 2000)
* Median household income below state average.
* Median house value below state average.
* Unemployed percentage above state average.
* Black race population percentage above state average.
* Median age significantly below state average.
* Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
* House age significantly below state average.
* Number of college students above state average.
* Population density below state average for cities.
I'm not a big fan of Cracker Barrel, but if we didn't want to get back in the car and drive, we had a choice of only... more travel advice
I was trying to get the cheapest accommodation, but this would have probably been a better choice. I know they have a... more travel advice
grandmaR's Related Pages
Bowling Green Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where's the Green?"
- "Bowling Green, Kentucky"
- "KimberlyAnn's Bowling Green Page"
- "A couple of decades and then some"
- "Home Away from Home"
- "shogun97's Crap Page"
- "brazilnut30's new Bowling Green Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bowling Green
- Hotels in Bowling Green
- Restaurants in Bowling Green
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bowling Green
- 4 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (541)
Have you been to Bowling Green?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bowling Green
Photos in Bowling GreenSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 733 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 174 reviews, 663 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 77 reviews, 379 photos, 13 travelogues
- London Intro, 78 reviews, 305 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 56 reviews, 306 photos, 9 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 298 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 252 photos, 6 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 49 reviews, 269 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 57 reviews, 258 photos, 7 travelogues