"ICW Trip 2001 Leg 19 Thunderbolt to Wahoo River" Wahoo Island by grandmaR
Wahoo Island Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 6 photos
There is a black power boat named BLACK something (Swan?) which tows the dinghy on a very long line - longer than our boat. So when he passes us, we can't cut in right behind him to avoid his wake or we will get caught in his dinghy tow rope.. Later, we mentioned him to Norm and Jan and Jan said that Norm had spoken to him about towing his dinghy that way. Others have also had a problem - he pays no attention. The power boat MEANDER passed us again (for about the 3rd day), and a very large power boat named CALYX with the man on the bridge talking on the cell phone and not paying any attention, and also the trawler tug KNOCK OFF that we saw up at Barefoot. SEA YA calls back to us and tells us that she sees otters playing around, but all I see are mud plumes in the water. The winds were light, and we put up the staysail. AMERICAN EAGLE, the small cruise ship passed us going north, and then SEA YA went into Cattlepen Creek to anchor. We went on down to the Wahoo River, and anchored up the river about 1.25 miles in 16+ feet of water after 42 miles. There is someone anchored way up the river, and TRUE LOVE (Bob talked to him in Beaufort SC)came in and anchored too. He's single handing.
Next stop: Jekyll Island
grandmaR's Related Pages
Wahoo Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ICW Trip 2001 Leg 19 Thunderbolt to Wahoo River"
- Create a Wahoo Island Travel Page
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wahoo Island
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (184)
Have you been to Wahoo Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wahoo Island
- Posted in Travel Key West Forum "Re: One day from Miami"
- updated a Wahoo Island Travelogue "March 01 & 02 Wahoo Anchoring - 1st & 3rd Times"
- Uploaded a Photo to "March 01 & 02 Wahoo Anchoring - 1st & 3rd Times"
- Wrote a Review MM 630 Wahoo River with Eight foot tides in Wahoo Island Sports & Outdoors
Photos in Wahoo IslandSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 724 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 154 reviews, 560 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 75 reviews, 329 photos, 10 travelogues
- London Intro, 77 reviews, 301 photos, 6 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 51 reviews, 293 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 48 reviews, 264 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 56 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues