"Golden Isles, Georgia" Lanier Island by grandmaR
Lanier Island Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 18 photos
On our first trip down the ICW in the fall of 2000, on the recommendation of a friend of a friend, we bypassed the marinas at St. Simons and went on the Jekyll Island Marina. On the way back (spring 2001), we decided to do it the other way and we passed Jekyll and stopped at Golden Isles Marina on Lanier Island.
I did not take any pictures of this marina at the time, and very few of the area (the bottom picture is one of the few that I took), so this map is from the marina website.
Such photos as I did take are in the travelogue.
According to the Golden Isles Marina website:
"The St. Simons Island coast offers many beach access areas for you and your crew. Please speak with the Dockmaster upon your arrival for directions to the nearest beach access point. Most beaches are within 10 driving minutes of the Marina and they are easily accesible by bicycle, too."
- In a nutshell:Flat and marshy - not much here except the marina
According to the marina website: Restaurants at the Marina Steamers Seafood Restaurant is open for Dinner on the... more travel advice
grandmaR's Related Pages
Lanier Island Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Lanier Island
- 2 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (179)
Have you been to Lanier Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lanier Island
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 724 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 154 reviews, 560 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 74 reviews, 316 photos, 9 travelogues
- London Intro, 77 reviews, 301 photos, 6 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 50 reviews, 280 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 56 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 46 reviews, 254 photos, 8 travelogues