"No Ice on the Lakes of Winter Park" Top 5 Page for this destination Winter Park by grandmaR

Winter Park Travel Guide: 70 reviews and 221 photos

We had gone to a cheap motel near DisneyWorld but they charged us extra for using the phone. So we checked out.

I had been completely unable to find the information (like when and where it left from and how much it cost) on the Ocala National Forest boat tour, so I decided instead to take the Winter Park boat trip instead.

The weather reports said it was going to be hot and I thought a boat trip would be under cover and be cool and relaxing.

But the boat tours don't start until 10 and the Waterhouse Shop and Museum (woodworking) which was another possibility doesn't open until noon.

Then I saw by looking at the map that the Harry P. Leu Gardens are near there,and they open at 9. I thought the name was sort of oriental and associated it with Lue Gim Gong "the Citrus Wizard".

But this Leu wasn't an oriental and his gardens had camelias and roses

And then afterward, we went on the boat tour. We saw fantastic homes on the various lakes, and fortunately it was a little cloudy because the boats didn't have any shade.

• Last visit to Winter Park: Jan 2006
  • Intro Updated Sep 27, 2011

Comments

grandmaR

“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”

Badges & Stats in Winter Park

Have you been to Winter Park?

Latest Activity in Winter Park