"Mythical Mermaids" Top 5 Page for this destination Weeki Wachee by grandmaR
Weeki Wachee Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 126 photos
When I was 16 with a brand new driver's license, my parents, my sister and I drove our new 1954 green Ford station wagon to Florida. We stayed with our former ice skating instructors at their Figure 8 Motel in Jacksonville, and went to a lot of the attractions which were at that time in central Florida, including Silver Springs, Lake Wales, Tarpon Springs and Weeki Wachee.
Then after I was married with two children, when my husband Bob was stationed in Key West for three years, we took another trip to the west coast and central Florida, where we again stopped at Weeki Wachee. I looked at my slides of that trip, and wanted to see the show again, so I made time for a stop when we were on our way from Gulf Shores Alabama to Miami.
We spent the night in Ocala and got to Weeki Wachi about 10 when it opened (it is about 75 miles from Ocala). It was really cold (comparatively speaking. First we went on a boat ride and saw lots of birds, and then we went for the mermaid show. I've put the pictures on the travelogues along with the ones I took in 1967 when we visited with with our two daughters.
From here we went to Miami and then flew to the Dominican Republic.
I don't remember doing the River Cruise when we visited Weeki Wachee before. But this is definitely a worthwhile... more travel advice
Since it was in January, and during a cold snap to boot, we didn't feel particularly inclined to do any water park... more travel advice
grandmaR's Related Pages
Weeki Wachee Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Weeki Wachee and the Nature Coast"
- "Mythical Mermaids"
- "North of Tampa Bay Wetlands"
- "Weeki Wachee Golf and quiet"
- "Weeki Wachee Springs, Florida on the Nature Coast"
- "weeki wachee florida"
- "The Mermaid Show"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Weeki Wachee
- Hotels in Weeki Wachee
- Restaurants in Weeki Wachee
- Shopping in Weeki Wachee
- Warnings and Dangers in Weeki Wachee
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Weeki Wachee
- 11 Reviews
- 88 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (514)
Have you been to Weeki Wachee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Weeki Wachee
- Posted in Travel Saint Petersburg Forum "Re: Saint Petersburg"
- updated a Weeki Wachee Travel Page "Mythical Mermaids"
- Uploaded a Video to Weeki Wachee
- Commented on one of Jupa's Weeki Wachee travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Weeki Wachee underwater show 1967"
- Wrote a Review Feeding the Birds in Weeki Wachee Favorites
Photos in Weeki WacheeSee All Photos (88)
Videos in Weeki WacheeSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 728 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 174 reviews, 647 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 77 reviews, 367 photos, 13 travelogues
- London Intro, 78 reviews, 305 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 56 reviews, 306 photos, 9 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 57 reviews, 258 photos, 7 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 48 reviews, 264 photos, 8 travelogues