"Between Miami and Key Biscayne" Virginia Key by grandmaR
Virginia Key Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 4 photos
Rickenbacker Causeway is a toll bridge which crosses from Miami to Biscayne Key. But first, it goes across Virginia Key. I think the bridge was named for Eddie Rickenbacker, the WWI Ace.
That portion of Biscayne Key which makes up Crandon Park was donated to the county with the provision that the county must construct a causeway from the mainland. The bridge was opened in 1947, and was a drawbridge. When the new fixed bridge was constructed, part of the old bridge was left as a fishing pier.
The actual location of the Miami Seaquarium, Marine Stadium and Rickenbacker Marina is Virginia Key.
After you cross the Bear Cut bridge you get to Crandon Park and the village of Key Biscayne.
In March 2004, when we went to Bill Baggs State Park, on Key Biscayne, we went across Virginia Key first.
grandmaR's Related Pages
Virginia Key Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Virginia Key
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (181)
Have you been to Virginia Key?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Virginia Key
Photos in Virginia KeySee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 728 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 154 reviews, 560 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 75 reviews, 341 photos, 11 travelogues
- London Intro, 77 reviews, 301 photos, 6 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 51 reviews, 293 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 48 reviews, 264 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 56 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues