Titusville Things to Do Tips by grandmaR Top 5 Page for this destination
Titusville Things to Do: 21 reviews and 31 photos
Wall hanging showing historic homes
I called the Chamber of Commerce to try to find out something about the Historic District, and got an answering service and she said we'd be able to see where the Historic District was, because it was "really old buildings"
I got a walking tour map from the museum. On the walking tour, I was not able to find the plaque about the 1900 Wooden Schoolhouse, nor was I able to find the Indian River Bank (1888) or the Brady Grocery Store (1886) until later in the week (They are still there but not exactly where I thought they would be on the map).
I also didn't see the Space Center viewing site - it was hot and I didn't want to get out of the car. We also saw the Prichard House (1891 but with the roof in bad shape), Wager House (1882), Robbins House (1901-photo 5), and Dr. Spell's house (1911-photo 4).
We drove down to the National Police Museum which was in the AAA book. There are police cars, and motorcycles. There are interactive things for kids to do. There's a chapel and a big memorial with all the names of police officers that have lost their lives in the line of duty. Outside there's also a K-9 memorial (photo). You can go and do target practice at the Shooting Center for $18 by renting a gun and buying ammo.
Open daily from 10:00am to 6:00pm
closed Thanksgiving day, Christmas day, New Years day
Kids 4-12: $8
Senior Citizens & Military: $8
Law Enforcement Officers: Free*
Family Survivors: Free
They have helicopter rides in a little black machine (photo) from
RECON TOUR - 3 min. Flight
This flight takes a quick loop around the Police & Astronaut Hall of Fame with a glimpse of NASA's massive land area.
(300 feet altitude*) Price $25.00 per person.
ECO TOUR - 30 min. Flight
Enjoy a special narrated tour covering an unforgettable part of Florida's old time historic area, The St. John's River. Viewing Florida's Native wildlife you can be on the lookout for exotic birds, turtles and of course the World Famous Florida alligator. (3500 feet altitude*) Price $153.00 per person
*Minimum of 2 passengers per flight for all tours
Address: 6350 Horizon Dr
Directions: Across from the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame - 1/4 mile East of US1 on SR 405
just outside the entrance to Kennedy Space Center
Other Contact: http://www.shooting-center.org/
Phone: (321) 264-0911
I've not been to this - only seen it. It is part of the Kennedy Space Center complex
The web site says:
" Come live the human side of space like you never imagined you could - complete with the sights, sounds and experiences of the real astronauts who first ventured into the frontiers of space. Experience exhibits dedicated to our nation's astronauts, including the world's largest collection of personal memorabilia and realistic astronaut training simulators."
Astronaut Hall of Fame Admission Only
$17 adult/$13 child (ages 3-11)
Only available at the Astronaut Hall of Fame.
Directions: Florida 405 at the junction with US 1
More Reviews (18)
- See All Convenient to I-95
- See All Pritchard House
- See All Titusville Swing Bridge over the Indian...
grandmaR's Related Pages
Titusville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Titusville - The Space Coast"
- "titusvlle florida"
- "Titusville Page"
- "Randall_Burt's new Titusville Page, NASA. KSC."
- "Titusville Gateway to the Space Coast"
- "mcharlton's new Titusville Page"
- "titusville- the friendly town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Titusville
- Hotels in Titusville
- Transportation in Titusville
- Restaurants in Titusville
- See All...
Explore the World
- Niagara Falls Hotels
- Pengkalan Balak Hotels
- Ho Chi Minh City Hotels
- Bacolod City
- Laoag City
- La Spezia
- Puerto Rico
- Ipoh Hotels
Badges & Stats in Titusville
- 21 Reviews
- 147 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (179)
Have you been to Titusville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Titusville
Photos in TitusvilleSee All Photos (147)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 724 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 154 reviews, 560 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 74 reviews, 316 photos, 9 travelogues
- London Intro, 77 reviews, 301 photos, 6 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 50 reviews, 280 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 56 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 46 reviews, 254 photos, 8 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (50)
Latest Titusville hotel reviews
- Manatee Hammock Campground
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 20, 2013
- Ramada Inn Suites Kennedy Space Center
- 131 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Super 8 Titusville Kennedy Space Center Area
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 15, 2013
- Best Western Space Shuttle Inn
- 131 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Days Inn Titusville Kennedy Space Center
- 101 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 5, 2013