"Navarre Beach's Debris Covered White Sands" Navarre by grandmaR
Navarre Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 45 photos
Navarre Florida (also often called Navarre Beach) is located between Pensacola Beach and Destin, Florida on US Highway 98. Navarre Beach is across a bridge on a barrier island.
When we went to the condo meeting on Monday, the lady giving the information told us that we might not be able to get to Navarre Beach because they weren't letting anyone on the island who didn't live there. This proved not to be the case.
The City of Navarre has the following on their website:
Hurricane Katrina Update:
Navarre Beach Welcomes Tourists for Labor Day Weekend
In the midst of recovery, Navarre Beach reopened this afternoon (Sept. 2nd) and is welcoming tourist once again. While this resilient beach community continues to rebuild after three storms, including Hurricane Katrina, ...
Navarre Beach is currently undergoing a large organized clean-up effort. The main beach and its parking lot have been cleaned; the white sand and emerald water awaits. Cocodries, Sailor's Grill, and Juana's Pagoda are open for business. And, the entire beach community invites and appreciates new and returning tourists.
There are, however, no accommodations on the website listed for the beach part of Navarre. We drove out to Navarre Beach in mid December 2005. I do not see how anyone could vacation there or even live there anytime soon.
Navarre is in Santa Rosa County. Santa Rosa County is located in Northwest Florida, between the city of Pensacola and the Fort Walton Beach/Destin areas in a section of the Florida Panhandle known as the "Emerald Coast". Santa Rosa is known for the pristine nature of its coastline found in Navarre Beach on the county's southern end.
TIME ZONE: Central
# CLIMATE: Average temperatures: Winter - 68
# Spring - 79
# Summer - 91
# Fall - 80
- Pros:White Sand
- Cons:Damage from two hurricanes - Ivan and Katrina
As we drove up and down the beach road, Bob remarked that some types of construction seemed to be more easily damaged... more travel advice
A big attraction of Navarre Beach is the beach with the white sand. People compare the sand to sugar, but since we were... more travel advice
grandmaR's Related Pages
Navarre Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Off the beaten path"
- "Navarre Beach's Debris Covered White Sands"
- "navarre florida"
- "July 19, 20, 21, 2013"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Navarre
- Hotels in Navarre
- Transportation in Navarre
- Restaurants in Navarre
- Warnings and Dangers in Navarre
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Navarre
- 6 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (181)
Have you been to Navarre?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Navarre
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 728 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 154 reviews, 560 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 75 reviews, 341 photos, 11 travelogues
- London Intro, 77 reviews, 301 photos, 6 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 51 reviews, 293 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 48 reviews, 264 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 56 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues