"DISNEY" Lake Buena Vista by grandmaR

Lake Buena Vista Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 126 photos

Orlando is the location that most folks think of when they think DISNEY. But actually WDW is located here in Lake Buena Vista. I've moved my Disney tips to Disneyworld-Orlando except for the hotel tip which is actually in the correct location here.

Up to May of 2000, I had not been to DisneyWorld. My husband and I and our two (at that time) daughters went to Disney Land in about 1964. My mom and dad went to DisneyWorld before he died in 1973 and really enjoyed the monorail and Epcot center. My son and DIL took their 2 year old son courtesy of Make-a-Wish before he died. My daughter who lived in Miami had been many times. But I had not been - and quite frankly it wasn't on my wish list of destinations.

But I had a professional meeting (for industrial hygienists) scheduled in Orlando just before my mom had scheduled her reunion. So I drove my daughter's car up from Miami, and actually stayed IN Orlando and went to this meeting. It was the last meeting I attended because I've now retired.

My mom had a family reunion at DisneyWorld in May 2000 just before she turned 91 years old. She had myself and my sister and our husbands, and 6 out of 7 grandchildren and their husbands, and 9 out of 11 great grandchildren (one was working and couldn't come and one had died). We all stayed at DisneyWorld.

We did the Breakfast with Mickey, and a dinner at the Rainforest Cafe (see Disneyworld-Orlando).

Not everyone is thrilled with Disney.

Other than the Dive Quest at Epcot which I did before the rest of them got there, I did go to one of the water parks by myself, to Epcot with my son's family, and I took one of my grandsons to the Magic Kingdom early one morning before it got too hot. I also went to Animal Kingdom the afternoon before the Rainforest Cafe dinner and went on the Safari ride - at least that had real animals.

• Intro Updated Aug 24, 2007

Comments

grandmaR

“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”

Badges & Stats in Lake Buena Vista

Have you been to Lake Buena Vista?

Latest Activity in Lake Buena Vista