Key West Nightlife Tips by grandmaR Top 5 Page for this destination
Key West Nightlife: 179 reviews and 159 photos
Sunset from cruise ship at dock in 2008
Depending on the time of year, going to watch the sunset from Mallory Square is a good way to start the evening. The sunsets will be better if there are clouds. When we went in 2011, there were no clouds so the sunset was a bit boring and there was no green flash either.
Theme: People Watching
Taken through windshield
I thought this looked like a neat building and I see it has plants on the roof. I haven't been in it, and know only what I read about it (below)
Dress Code: Yahoo says:
"Amidst the historic streets of Key West, you plunk down into a chair at this open-air bar and revel in the atmosphere. Inside The Bull, ceiling fans whirr to keep you cool as you dance to live music nightly, in front of the historical mural of Key West. Upstairs in The Whistle, a wrought-iron balcony looks out over festive Duval Street. On the roof is The Garden of Eden, described as a naturist's paradise. There is also a restaurant and raw bar here, plus a daily happy hour and live entertainment."
Oops - lungfis2023 writes: "....just thought I would mention they don't serve any food at all. Neither does the Whistle or the Garden of Eden. All 3 bars ar liquor only joints."
Address: 47 Caroline St
Directions: Corner of Duval & Caroline
Phone: +1 305 296 4565
Theme: Live Music
Sign on the street
We were walking between the Oldest House/Wrecker's Museum and the Truman White House, and this was on the corner with the first Pan Am office. We didn't stop to eat because it looked like (from the sign) that it was more of a drinking establishment than an eating establishment. I had no idea who Kelly was. Now I know she is an actress, but I still don't know who she is.
We haven't been here at night, but we did eat lunch here once.
The website says:
Enjoy the true feel of Key West in a world of gardens and exquisite Caribbean food.
* Explore the historic home of Pan American Airways
* Browse through our local writers library
* Dine Indoors or under the Stars
* Taste our All-Natural Beers
Dress Code: None
Address: 301 Whitehead Street
Directions: Near the Audubon House
Theme: Eating and Drinking
More Reviews (151)
- See All Outdoor Art
- See All Out by the Airport
- See All Moped Hospital
- See All Tiny
- See All Condo
- See All Salty Environment
grandmaR's Related Pages
Key West Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Parents of a "Conch""
- "key west florida"
- "Where others have failed, Key West SECEDED"
- "Key West, Florida"
- "Key West Driving Trip May 3-12, 2003"
- "On the road to Key West & Fantasy Fest 2006"
- "The Key to my Heart; Key West, Florida"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Key West
- Hotels in Key West
- Transportation in Key West
- Nightlife in Key West
- Restaurants in Key West
- Shopping in Key West
- Warnings and Dangers in Key West
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Key West
- 154 Reviews
- 547 Photos
- 122 Forum posts
- 32 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (181)
Have you been to Key West?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Key West
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 728 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 154 reviews, 560 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 75 reviews, 341 photos, 11 travelogues
- London Intro, 77 reviews, 301 photos, 6 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 51 reviews, 293 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 48 reviews, 264 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 56 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (53)
- Southernmost Point- 47 Reviews, 69 Photos
- Duval Street- 20 Reviews, 41 Photos
- Beach- 20 Reviews, 54 Photos
- Sunsets- 25 Reviews, 49 Photos
- Mallory Square- 27 Reviews, 47 Photos
- Hemingway- 51 Reviews, 101 Photos
- Dry Tortugas- 13 Reviews, 29 Photos
- US 1 Mile Marker 0- 6 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Mallory Sunset- 25 Reviews, 38 Photos
- Famous Bars- 13 Reviews, 20 Photos
See All Key West Things to Do