"ICW Trip 2001 Leg 22 Pablo Creek" Top 5 Page for this destination Jacksonville Beach by grandmaR
Jacksonville Beach Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 134 photos
This is another place on the ICW which doesn't fit very well into any well known location. It is south of the St. Johns River on the ICW. I've put the information under Jacksonville Beach because the marina we stay at has an address of Jacksonville, but the marina is quite a ways from downtown Jacksonville.
BLUE JACKET, a dark hulled power boat from Oxford MD passed, and also the Canadian power boat LE BOUCLIER with the two solar panels. We go through the first Florida bridge at 11:23 (Sister's Creek).
We come out into the St. Johns River, and there is a shipyard where a giant catamaran hull is being built, plus CAPE COD LIGHT (looks like a small cruise ship) and assorted grey boats and tugs are there. (See St. John's River travelogue) We get to Pablo Creek marina after a short trip of 28.4 miles. Since it is Sat, the office where an internet connection is reputed to be is closed, so the dockmaster lets me use the line in his office. I have to use the credit card line as the phone line is some kind of switchboard and I can't get it to give me a line from the computer. The restaurant is closed (apparently went bankrupt as the employees last checks bounced), so we eat on the boat. Have the Brunswick stew saved from Jekyll island and a salad.
A black cat visited us a couple of times last night. We get underway about 7:20 with a minimum of fuss. Saw an osprey fishing. We went through the McCormick Bridge just before 8 am.
Next St. Augustine
- Pros:Good intermediate point between Fernandina and St. Augustine
- Cons:Isolated - no services on the ICW
We did not go to this restaurant as we thought we'd take the opportunty to eat somewhere we couldn't walk to. We also... more travel advice
We went out to dinner in my sister and BILs car, so we wanted to go a place that we wouldn't walk to from the... more travel advice
grandmaR's Related Pages
Jacksonville Beach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ICW Trip 2001 Leg 22 Pablo Creek"
- "JAX Beach"
- "Fun in the sun"
- "Jacksonville Beach, Florida"
- "SeaBreezeUSA's new Jacksonville Beach page"
- "The bride & groom"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jacksonville Beach
- Hotels in Jacksonville Beach
- Restaurants in Jacksonville Beach
- Warnings and Dangers in Jacksonville Beach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jacksonville Beach
- 5 Reviews
- 64 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (517)
Have you been to Jacksonville Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jacksonville Beach
Photos in Jacksonville BeachSee All Photos (64)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 728 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 174 reviews, 647 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 77 reviews, 367 photos, 13 travelogues
- London Intro, 78 reviews, 305 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 56 reviews, 306 photos, 9 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 57 reviews, 258 photos, 7 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 48 reviews, 264 photos, 8 travelogues