"Air Force Base before Hurricane Andrew" Homestead by grandmaR
Homestead Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 106 photos
Mostly my visits to Homestead have been to go to the commissary or exchange on the AFB. The base was started at the beginning of WWII, and was a real presence in the area until1992, when Hurricane Andrew roared ashore here. The base was ground zero for the powerful, category 5 storm) which virtually destroyed the base. It is now a Air Reserve Base.
My son also went to the races there.
grandmaR's Related Pages
Homestead Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "homestead florida"
- "Alligators in Homestead"
- "Homestead, FL"
- "Homestead, central florida"
- "Everglades Alligator Farm"
- "Homestead : entrance of Everglades"
- "kunchik's new Homestead Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Homestead
- Transportation in Homestead
- Restaurants in Homestead
- Warnings and Dangers in Homestead
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Homestead
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (571)
Have you been to Homestead?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Homestead
Photos in HomesteadSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 745 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 174 reviews, 664 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 178 reviews, 406 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 77 reviews, 379 photos, 13 travelogues
- London Intro, 78 reviews, 305 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 56 reviews, 306 photos, 9 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 298 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 252 photos, 6 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 50 reviews, 274 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 58 reviews, 263 photos, 7 travelogues