Boot Key Sports & Outdoors Tips by grandmaR
Boot Key Sports & Outdoors: 2 reviews and 2 photos
Boats anchored off Boot Key
Those people who are unsuccessful in getting their anchors to hold in Boot Key Harbour have the choice of going to a marina or anchoring somewhere else. And those people who don't like being so close to other people also anchor out here.
When the wind shifts, everyone moves to a more protected location. This picture was taken as we left to go north.
Equipment: You need good ground tackle (anchor and anchor rode)
Bicycle built for two goes around the bend
Since there's only one basic road on Boot Key and it doesn't go anywhere, it seems like a good place to do your exercise biking. Cruisers don't get a lot of exercise while they are on their boats due to restricted space. So a lot of them have bikes that they ride both for transportation and exercise.
Equipment: If you don't own a bike or you don't have a friend with a bike you can borrow, then you can rent bikes in Marathon.
Directions: All Aqua Adventures is behind the Hampton Inn and Suites at MM 48. Primarily rents water sports gear, but also has bicycles.
More Reviews (11)
grandmaR's Related Pages
Boot Key Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Kilmacthomas Hotels
- Tanjong Tokong Hotels
- Zelenograd Hotels
- Addicks Hotels
Badges & Stats in Boot Key
- 13 Reviews
- 47 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (179)
Have you been to Boot Key?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boot Key
Photos in Boot KeySee All Photos (47)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 724 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 154 reviews, 560 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 74 reviews, 316 photos, 9 travelogues
- London Intro, 77 reviews, 301 photos, 6 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 50 reviews, 280 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 56 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 46 reviews, 254 photos, 8 travelogues