"Key Deer and Alligators" Big Pine Key by grandmaR
Big Pine Key Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 90 photos
My daughter and her husband used to come down to Big Pine and stay in her husband's father's house down there. They'd have a big houseparty, some of the guys brought their boats. That house has since been sold.
When we were in Key West, we heard about a flea market that was in Big Pine every Saturday.
After we went to the flea market we stopped at the Ace hardware store, and saw an old salt with his cat in the carrier.
This time when we went to the Flea Market, we went to the Key Deer Refuge afterwards, and walked around the Blue Hole (a former quarry).
- Pros:Near to Key West
- Cons:Terrible traffic, especially on Saturday
- In a nutshell:Accessible from Key West, but not so over-run with tourists
Look up and you can probably spot the radar blimp over Cudjoe Key affectionately known as Fat Albert. There are actually... more travel advice
The Big Pine Flea Market is kind of a local custom. We go whenever we have wheels although we don't always buy much. I... more travel advice
grandmaR's Related Pages
Big Pine Key Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Key Deer and Alligators"
- "big pine key florida"
- "Home of the Key Deer National Wildlife Refuge"
- "Big pine Key"
- "Randall_Burt's new Big Pine Key Page"
- "Flying_Thief's Flats Fishing"
- "tent camping"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Big Pine Key
- Hotels in Big Pine Key
- Nightlife in Big Pine Key
- Restaurants in Big Pine Key
- Shopping in Big Pine Key
- Warnings and Dangers in Big Pine Key
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Big Pine Key
- 15 Reviews
- 73 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (184)
Have you been to Big Pine Key?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Big Pine Key
Photos in Big Pine KeySee All Photos (73)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 724 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 154 reviews, 560 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 75 reviews, 329 photos, 10 travelogues
- London Intro, 77 reviews, 301 photos, 6 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 51 reviews, 293 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 48 reviews, 264 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 56 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues