"State Park and Beach" Bahia Honda Key by grandmaR
Bahia Honda Key Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 19 photos
On our last trip from Key West, we stopped at the State Park, and walked up to and onto the old bridge which we had previously only seen from the highway (top photo).
Henry Flagler built this last link over water to get the railroad down to Key West. When the 1935 hurricane washed away part of the tracks, the roadbed was sold and used for a highway and it also supported the water main. The highway was placed on the top of the trestles to allow room for two lanes.
This sign talks about a large number of rare plants that grow on Bahia Honda Key. The plants pre-date the formation of a... more travel advice
grandmaR's Related Pages
Bahia Honda Key Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bahia Honda State Park"
- "Beautiful Bahia Honda"
- "State Park and Beach"
- "BAHIA HONDA KEY"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bahia Honda Key
- 3 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (179)
Have you been to Bahia Honda Key?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bahia Honda Key
Photos in Bahia Honda KeySee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 724 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 154 reviews, 560 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 74 reviews, 316 photos, 9 travelogues
- London Intro, 77 reviews, 301 photos, 6 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 50 reviews, 280 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 56 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 46 reviews, 254 photos, 8 travelogues