"State Park and Beach" Bahia Honda Key by grandmaR
Bahia Honda Key Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 27 photos
On our last trip from Key West, we stopped at the State Park, and walked up to and onto the old bridge which we had previously only seen from the highway (top photo).
Henry Flagler built this last link over water to get the railroad down to Key West. When the 1935 hurricane washed away part of the tracks, the roadbed was sold and used for a highway and it also supported the water main. The highway was placed on the top of the trestles to allow room for two lanes.
This sign talks about a large number of rare plants that grow on Bahia Honda Key. Rare plants growing here include the... more travel advice
grandmaR's Related Pages
Bahia Honda Key Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "State Park and Beach"
- "Bahia Honda State Park"
- "Beautiful Bahia Honda"
- "BAHIA HONDA KEY"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bahia Honda Key
- 3 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (541)
Have you been to Bahia Honda Key?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bahia Honda Key
Photos in Bahia Honda KeySee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 733 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 174 reviews, 663 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 77 reviews, 379 photos, 13 travelogues
- London Intro, 78 reviews, 305 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 56 reviews, 306 photos, 9 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 298 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 252 photos, 6 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 49 reviews, 269 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 57 reviews, 258 photos, 7 travelogues