"Northernmost Florida" Top 5 Page for this destination Amelia Island by grandmaR

Amelia Island Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 230 photos

The first couple of times we came to Amelia Island we were on a sailboat and without a car, so we mostly stayed in Fernandina Beach. This was in 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003. The last time we came up the Intercoastal by boat, we passed Amelia Island and Fernandina altogether and went to St. Mary's Georgia.

Most of my tips from those trips are under Fernandina Beach, which is the principle town on the island.

On our sixth visit, we came through by car in February 2005. We took a photo of the lighthouse, and ate lunch here on our way to Hilton Head Island.

Our last visit we stayed two nights, and visited Fort Clinch before going to Waycross GA via St. Simon's Island.

Read more: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/4a9c6/ba1ef/#ixzz1Igf9KFkV

I do have some additional information about Amelia Island on my Fort Clinch State Park page.

My sister also spent a couple of days at Amelia Island Plantation, and she had a car so we got out to see a bit more of the island. She rode down on the boat from Fernandina to Jacksonville Beach and this picture was taken on that trip.

• Last visit to Amelia Island: Mar 2002
  • Intro Updated Apr 5, 2011

• b1bob's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2003 at 7:29 AM

Nice job. I hope you can find more pics and tips on here because I'm a sucker for these little-known islands.

grandmaR

“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”

Badges & Stats in Amelia Island

Have you been to Amelia Island?