"Revisit in the Summer" Top 5 Page for this destination Mystic Seaport by grandmaR
Mystic Seaport Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 184 photos
Mystic Seaport is called The Museum of America and the Sea. During the Depression on December 29, 1929, Edward E. Bradley, an industrialist, Carl C. Cutler, a lawyer, and Dr. Charles K. Stillman, a physician, signed the papers incorporating the Marine Historical Association, today known as Mystic Seaport. It has the world’s largest collections of maritime photography (over 1 million images) and boats (nearly 500), as well as collecting two million other maritime artifacts.
By the early 70s when my mom and dad took us to Mystic Seaport they had the Charles W. Morgan, the country’s last wooden whaling ship and historic buildings from across New England. But was cold and in the winter. Not all of the crafts people were there as it was off season
So when my granddaughter was married in CT, I decided to revisit Mystic. This time it was summertime and there were a lot of people there.
- In a nutshell:Microcosm of a Whaling Village
It is possible to get to Mystic by boat - you have to wait to go through the Route 1 draw bridge which opens at 20... more travel advice
I have not stayed here - I just took a picture from the car Daily Rates 2008 - 2009 January 1 - May 23, 2008; $75 -... more travel advice
grandmaR's Related Pages
Mystic Seaport Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MYSTIC SEAPORT.... A MUSEUM VILLAGE"
- "Revisit in the Summer"
- "Seaport or Aquarium"
- "Of America and the Sea"
- "Our visits to Mystic Seaport"
- "Mystic Seaport"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mystic Seaport
- Hotels in Mystic Seaport
- Transportation in Mystic Seaport
- Restaurants in Mystic Seaport
- Shopping in Mystic Seaport
- Warnings and Dangers in Mystic Seaport
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mystic Seaport
- 10 Reviews
- 49 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (542)
Have you been to Mystic Seaport?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mystic Seaport
Photos in Mystic SeaportSee All Photos (49)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 733 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 174 reviews, 663 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 77 reviews, 379 photos, 13 travelogues
- London Intro, 78 reviews, 305 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 56 reviews, 306 photos, 9 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 298 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 252 photos, 6 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 49 reviews, 269 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 57 reviews, 258 photos, 7 travelogues