"Backdoor of Fort Ord" Marina by grandmaR
Marina Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 14 photos
My oldest daughter is wearing a dress that my great aunt sent her from Isreal and a hot from Portugual.
Between 1964 and 1966, we rented a house in Marina California. It was on a one block street that dead-ended into the Fort Ord fence. We rented because the people that had bought houses had a lot of trouble selling them.
I used to do my grocery shopping at the small Fort Ord commissary. My husband commuted in to the U.S. Naval Post Graduate School in Monterey. Later my daughter started kindergarten there.
There was nothing in Marina when we lived there and while Fort Ord was still open. Our house backed up to a sheep farm. So this is NOT the same as the Marina District in San Francisco.
While we were there, we visited San Francisco, Yosemite, Sequoia National Park, Anaheim, Los Angelos, Big Basin Redwoods State Park, San Jan Batista and several other missions, and additional places near Monterey, like Pacific Grove, Carmel, Salinas, Watsonville, Point Lobos, Pebble Beach, Big Sur, Cannery Row, Felton, Pinnacles National Monument, San Jose, Santa Cruz and Hearst San Simeon State Historical Monument.
Our area was really quite rural. Our back yard (which was all sand) backed up to this farm which had sheep. There are... more travel advice
grandmaR's Related Pages
Marina Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ammie31's new Marina Page"
- "SolanoAJ's new Fort Ord Page"
- "Backdoor of Fort Ord"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Marina
- 2 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (179)
Have you been to Marina?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marina
Photos in MarinaSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 724 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 154 reviews, 560 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 74 reviews, 316 photos, 9 travelogues
- London Intro, 77 reviews, 301 photos, 6 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 50 reviews, 280 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 56 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 46 reviews, 254 photos, 8 travelogues