"Backdoor of Fort Ord" Marina by grandmaR

Marina Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 14 photos

My oldest daughter is wearing a dress that my great aunt sent her from Isreal and a hot from Portugual.

Between 1964 and 1966, we rented a house in Marina California. It was on a one block street that dead-ended into the Fort Ord fence. We rented because the people that had bought houses had a lot of trouble selling them.

I used to do my grocery shopping at the small Fort Ord commissary. My husband commuted in to the U.S. Naval Post Graduate School in Monterey. Later my daughter started kindergarten there.

There was nothing in Marina when we lived there and while Fort Ord was still open. Our house backed up to a sheep farm. So this is NOT the same as the Marina District in San Francisco.

While we were there, we visited San Francisco, Yosemite, Sequoia National Park, Anaheim, Los Angelos, Big Basin Redwoods State Park, San Jan Batista and several other missions, and additional places near Monterey, like Pacific Grove, Carmel, Salinas, Watsonville, Point Lobos, Pebble Beach, Big Sur, Cannery Row, Felton, Pinnacles National Monument, San Jose, Santa Cruz and Hearst San Simeon State Historical Monument.

• Intro Updated Nov 23, 2005

Comments

grandmaR Used To Live Here!

grandmaR

“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”

Badges & Stats in Marina