"Cotton Country" Brewton by grandmaR
Brewton Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 16 photos
I haven't really visited Brewton - I just took a couple of pictures on our way from the Florida panhandle to the Talledaga area. The AAA book says the population is 5,498 and the elevation is 84'. Brewton is the home of Jefferson Davis Community College.
I don't know what the historical marker in the picture says, but Brewton is a town in Escambia County on Murder Creek. Brewton is the County Seat. It was named for William Troupe Brewton, who was a railroad agent. In 1910, a Civil War reunion was held of the General Clanton Camp, UCV.
There is a museum - the Thomas E. McMillan Museum - which is free.
It was a rainy day, and all around the town were cotton fields.
Well-known residents have included:
· William Lee Golden, singer (Oak Ridge Boys)
Local festivals include:
· Alabama Blueberry Festival - June 17, 2006
The latitude of Brewton is 31.105N. The longitude is -87.072W. The community is in the Central Standard time zone.
A google search reveals that the Brewton area on 1997 Oct 24 08:35 4.9M an earthquake of Intensity VI was felt.
grandmaR's Related Pages
Brewton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Brewton Page"
- "Cotton Country"
- "experience brewton"
- "Lovely Town"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brewton
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (514)
Have you been to Brewton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brewton
Photos in BrewtonSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 728 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 174 reviews, 647 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 77 reviews, 367 photos, 13 travelogues
- London Intro, 78 reviews, 305 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 56 reviews, 306 photos, 9 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 57 reviews, 258 photos, 7 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 48 reviews, 264 photos, 8 travelogues