"Rainforest Islands" Top 5 Page for this destination Comarca de San Blas by grandmaR
Comarca de San Blas Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 170 photos
These are very small islands just barely above the water level of the lagoon. The people live in huts along mud 'paved' pathways. The islands are so small that you can't get very lost although you can get confused. This was obviously a tender port because there was no dock for the ship. Bob did no see any reason to go ashore, so he stayed on board.
There are about 378 islands of which 49 are inhabited. The Kuna Indians live there, and the islands are a part of the comarca (district) Guna Yala (also spelled Kuna Yala)
On some of the islands the kids can attend school. Because the sale of molas is about the only source of income, many people from other islands came with their wares to the one island where the tenders were putting us ashore.
The inhabitants live on very small low islands - just a small lump of mud with some palm trees and barely above the... more travel advice
Local people want $1.00 every time you take their picture - or at least that was what we were told by the lecturer on... more travel advice
grandmaR's Related Pages
Comarca de San Blas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Caribbean paradise!"
- "My cruise to the San Blas Islands"
- "A visit to San Blas Archipelago"
- "Rainforest Islands"
- "San Blas Islands"
- "Sailing to Panama"
- "AUTONOMOUS TERRITORY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Comarca de San Blas
- Hotels in Comarca de San Blas
- Transportation in Comarca de San Blas
- Nightlife in Comarca de San Blas
- Restaurants in Comarca de San Blas
- Shopping in Comarca de San Blas
- Warnings and Dangers in Comarca de San Blas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Comarca de San Blas
- 9 Reviews
- 65 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (512)
Have you been to Comarca de San Blas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Comarca de San Blas
Photos in Comarca de San BlasSee All Photos (65)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 728 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 174 reviews, 647 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 77 reviews, 359 photos, 12 travelogues
- London Intro, 77 reviews, 301 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 56 reviews, 306 photos, 9 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 57 reviews, 258 photos, 7 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 48 reviews, 264 photos, 8 travelogues