"Provincia Alajuela" Provincia de Alajuela by grandmaR
Provincia de Alajuela Travel Guide: 401 reviews and 1,101 photos
Alajuela is located in the north-central part of the country, bordering Nicaragua to the north, borders the provinces of Heredia to the east, San José to the south, Puntarenas to the southwest and Guanacaste to the west. The capital is Alajuela and that is where the main international airport (Juan Santamaría International Airport) is located.
Other large cities include Ciudad Quesada, Naranjo, Zarcero, Orotina, Sarchí, Upala, San Ramón, Grecia and Los Chiles. There are several national parks including Poás Volcano National Park, Arenal Volcano National Park, Rincón de la Vieja Volcano National Park, Juan Castro Blanco National Park, Los Ángeles Cloud Forest, and Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge
In 1996 the roads through Provincia de Alajuela to Sarchí and Zarcero were not too bad.
After we left Zarcero, we turned north toward Arenal. As we were driving through this area, we had to stop for a road surfacing project. My husband said this was probably the only macadam machine in Costa Rica. We were held up her about an hour.
grandmaR's Related Pages
Provincia de Alajuela Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Costa Rica.....Pura Vida"
- "Flying in & Out -Juan Santamaría Airport"
- "Provincia Alajuela"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Provincia de Alajuela
- Hotels in Provincia de Alajuela
- Transportation in Provincia de Alajuela
- Nightlife in Provincia de Alajuela
- Restaurants in Provincia de Alajuela
- Shopping in Provincia de Alajuela
- Warnings and Dangers in Provincia de Alajuela
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Provincia de Alajuela
- 7 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (541)
Have you been to Provincia de Alajuela?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Provincia de Alajuela
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 733 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 174 reviews, 663 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 77 reviews, 379 photos, 13 travelogues
- London Intro, 78 reviews, 305 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 56 reviews, 306 photos, 9 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 298 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 252 photos, 6 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 49 reviews, 269 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 57 reviews, 258 photos, 7 travelogues