Bermuda Warnings Or Dangers Tips by grandmaR Top 5 Page for this destination
Bermuda Warnings and Dangers: 29 reviews and 27 photos
Store window in Hamilton in November
Of the 3 large department stores, two (Trimminghams and Smiths) are closing or have closed, and Coopers (the third one) is downscaling their retail operation.
Cooper's is tearing down their old building for a new, larger building which will be primarily an office building with a much smaller Cooper's retail store on the ground floor. This past winter, Bluck's closed its last satellite store and will concentrate its entire retail from it's Pitt's Bay Rd. location.
With the closing of Trimingham's/Smith's, the reduction in retail operation by Cooper's, perhaps as much as 50% (or more) of Bermuda's retail outlets will cease to exist. This includes all of their branch stores in St. George's, Dockyards, major hotels. Cooper's does have an online store, but this doesn't help with shopping if you are in Bermuda.
Local weather on the hotel TV
Bermuda is off the shore of North Carolina. It is not in the tropics. It is in the Gulf Stream, which keeps it warmer than the coastal US. They do have palms and coral, although only about half of the coral types grow around Bermuda as grow in the Caribbean.
So don't expect to come in February to someplace with warm water and hot sun. They do not ever have frost snow or ice, but the record low temperature is 43 deg. F.
If you don't absolutely have to swim, Bermuda is quite pleasant in the shoulder season (spring and fall) and the prices are a bit less.
I took a picture of the weather report on the TV in our hotel room. It says:
"Climatological Data for Friday 24 November 1995
24-HR PCPN: 0.20 INS
Monthly PCPN: 4.53 INS
AVG. MOV PCPN: 4.1 INS
YTD PCPN: 51.49 INS
Normal YTD: 49.52 INS
HI/LO TEMP: 72.0 65.6
Normal HI/LO: 72.8/65.6
Record HI/LO: 78 - 1975/58 - 1972"
So that give you an idea. 72 deg F is plenty warm for me if I'm going to be walking. It did rain on Wednesday when we were out of the Dockyard.
More Reviews (54)
- See All Water Flying with Coconut Rockets
- See All Water Gate
- See All Bermuda Cedar
- See All Waterville
- See All Front Street Lions
grandmaR's Related Pages
Bermuda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Back to my first real home"
- "Bermuda - an English outpost"
- "Bermuda ~ The Somers Isles"
- "Bermuda - A snapshoot from an outsider"
- "Let me help you find Bermuda"
- "Bermuda-A Tropical Beauty!"
- "Bermuda, beautiful in Every Way...."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bermuda
- Hotels in Bermuda
- Transportation in Bermuda
- Nightlife in Bermuda
- Restaurants in Bermuda
- Shopping in Bermuda
- Warnings and Dangers in Bermuda
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bermuda
- 186 Reviews
- 988 Photos
- 40 Forum posts
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (513)
Have you been to Bermuda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bermuda
- Posted in Travel Maryland Forum "Re: St. Michaels or Cambridge?"
- updated a Bermuda Travel Page "Bermuda - an English outpost"
- Wrote a Review Water Flying with Coconut Rockets about Water Sports in Bermuda Sports & Outdoors
- Uploaded a Photo to "Water Flying with Coconut Rockets"
- Commented on one of grandmaR's Bermuda travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 728 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 174 reviews, 647 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 77 reviews, 367 photos, 13 travelogues
- London Intro, 78 reviews, 305 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 56 reviews, 306 photos, 9 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 57 reviews, 258 photos, 7 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 48 reviews, 264 photos, 8 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (53)
- Maritime Museum - Dockyard- 19 Reviews, 58 Photos
- Horseshoe Bay- 11 Reviews, 23 Photos
- St. George- 18 Reviews, 50 Photos
- Hamilton (Capitol City)- 12 Reviews, 29 Photos
- Ft St Catherine & Tobacco Bay- 9 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Kings Wharf - Sandy's Parish- 8 Reviews, 12 Photos
- BAMZ - Flatts Village- 6 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Caves - Hamilton Parish- 9 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Dolphin Quest - Dockyard- 6 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Beaches of Warwick Parish- 7 Reviews, 23 Photos
See All Bermuda Things to Do