"Quaint" Top 5 Page for this destination Bourton on the Water by grandmaR

Bourton on the Water Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 210 photos

We went here on a hot July day, and it seemed half of England was here also. It was very crowded.

We drove to the car park and my daughter smashed her car headlight on the post going in. (See Warnings). So that started the visit off on a bad foot.

Then we went to eat lunch, and had a problem getting served because it was a bit late and crowded.

When we went to the miniature train place, they didn't allow any pictures (always irritating). We did the maze, which was fun, but not a place where pictures would be very easy.

So I didn't make many notes, and don't have many pictures.

• Last visit to Bourton on the Water: Jul 2002
  • Intro Updated Jul 22, 2004

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2006 at 10:13 PM

You're right, Bourton is really crowded during the day. But it is still a beautiful place.I spent the night there and after the tour buses had left, it was even more beautiful. I really like your pictures.

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2006 at 2:51 AM

Well at least you had a lovely time even if you had a little misshap along the way Grandma. Love those opening pix!! Cheers, Ann :o)

• Apr 12, 2005 at 8:27 AM

Of course I had to come and look at your nice pages!! You've got fun and very personal pages on Burton on Water and Cheltenham! I LOVE the Cotswolds.

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2005 at 11:35 AM

Certainly a different page! Some days it just doesn't go right and, yes, at times you are almost made to feel like a terrorist just because you carry a camera.

• DUNK67's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2004 at 7:17 AM

sorry your day got off to such a bad start. it is stupid that you can`t take photos in some places, they just want to sell more of their own.

grandmaR

“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”

Badges & Stats in Bourton on the Water

Have you been to Bourton on the Water?

Latest Activity in Bourton on the Water