"Buckingham Palace" Buckingham Palace by grandmaR
Buckingham Palace Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 46 photos
When we were here in 1950, we had free access to the front of Buckingham palace. We watched the changing of the guard and so on.
But now, no buses can go in the front of Buckingham Palace so the closest picture I got was from the bus as it drove by (top picture). When my grandson and I visited, we got a taxi to drop us off by the Victoria monument
After having seen several palaces and castles in Ireland (Bunratty, Muckross House, Blarney Castle and Kilkenny), my grandson wanted to see Buckingham Palace, which I think he thought would be grander than the others that he had seen. He found Buckingham somewhat disappointing in scale.
- In a nutshell:Symbol of Royalty
The guide on the bus told us about 1982 when Michael Fagan gained access to the Queen's bedroom. After this incident,... more travel advice
The Royal Mews was in the second tier of things I wanted to see in 2002, and unfortunately, the top of the Big Bus was... more travel advice
grandmaR's Related Pages
Buckingham Palace Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Buckingham Palace"
- "Changing of the Guard"
- "Toy Soldiers On Parade At Buckingham Palace"
- "Buckingham Palace - London England"
- "Buckingham Palace"
- "My husband and I on behalf of our people welcome u"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Buckingham Palace
- 4 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (514)
Have you been to Buckingham Palace?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Buckingham Palace
- Posted in Travel Heathrow Forum "Re: Is an hour layover enough to..."
- updated a Buckingham Palace Travel Page "Buckingham Palace"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Buckingham Palace"
- Wrote a Review Not a Wall to Climb in Buckingham Palace Warnings and Dangers
- Commented on one of Confucius's Buckingham Palace travel pages
Photos in Buckingham PalaceSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 728 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 174 reviews, 647 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 77 reviews, 367 photos, 13 travelogues
- London Intro, 78 reviews, 305 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 56 reviews, 306 photos, 9 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 57 reviews, 258 photos, 7 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 48 reviews, 264 photos, 8 travelogues